My new cooking pan

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by Rhconcepts, May 28, 2017.

1. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Last year was my first year camping and I had a hard time cooking on two small pan. This year I found this and today we tried it out. This thing rocks and I have so much more cooking space.

8D6E001A-3BF7-4DC4-ABCD-0D857A54D104_zpszwztkemg.jpg 01C51A64-6256-485B-836D-F338EC60A7E9_zpsqdvawutr.jpg 537C4885-AAB0-436C-B7A1-46A504C7F15A_zpssggijmln.jpg B75C7CEB-6EDA-4018-ABE1-B0C207ED130A_zpsg4fvhrbi.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    Brad Jackson likes this.
  2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

That griddle looks awesome! My wife says it makes her hungry for pancakes! Where did you get it?

3. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

Sorry I should have added the link, HERE it is.

Im watching videos on how to season the pan, i keep reading that flaxseed is the best and its very expensive. How much are we talking and do all large grocery stores have it?

4. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Skip the flax seed. It may be best, but there are plenty of options that are just fine without spending a lot. I use olive oil and plain ole vegetable oil with great success. Bacon, Crisco or lard work great as well. Use what you have. It's MUCH more important to do it right than to worry about what oil you use.

5. brokenotbroken

brokenotbroken Member

We just made pancakes and eggs this morning using that griddle on a coleman gas stove...perfect.

Brad Jackson, BelchFire and BikeNFish like this.
  6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I have a similar griddle, but cannot get the thing to season for beans.. Have tried 3 times now and watched several youtube videos but still can't get it to season..

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. I had the same problem with a small griddle I got. I put 6 coats of flax seen oil and cooked bacon. I finally got it to where I can use it.

8. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

I have to be careful of what oils I use. Coconut oil gave my daughter diarrhea a few times when I cooked with it. I found this out while camping and made popcorn with it the night before. Do any of the other oils have side effects ?

9. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Pretty much all I've ever used on my cast iron (& I have a lot of it, 7 dutch ovens, a myriad of skillets, bean pots, 2 griddles, & 2 chicken fryers) is PAM......spray it inside & out, give it a quick wipe down with a paper towel to get rid of excess, & bake it in the oven for an hour & a half, repeat at least once. Never had a problem with the seasoning, as long as I keep my wife away from them, I do all the cleanup on them....lol

BelchFire likes this.