My New Covid 19 Home...

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by Dave Brick, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dave Brick

Dave Brick El Cheapo Family Camper

No. I'm negative, and symptom free, and generally careful, but I'm not over the top about it. I'm remarkably unconcerned. Almost exclusively its the frail elderly who are most at risk. I KNOW...there are exceptions, but personally I will not be paralyzed by fear. The Lord can take me whenever He wants to. He knows better than me. I'm not afraid.

2. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not so worried about it either. I mean, we do what we can and follow normal, healthy behaviors and CDC guidelines. Based on the numbers, even with a higher percentage of people testing positive, fatalities are going down; which means it's not as bad as first thought. Yes, people with health concerns need to be extra careful, but the rest of us, we're good.

Dave Brick likes this.
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Im sparying stuff down less at home also. Getting tired of it. I haven't got tested, figured no symptoms, no need. You can get it right after the test. Take general precautions. And take off the shoes after going to work! Stay safe out there.

HappyTraveler likes this.
  4. Eric Webber

Eric Webber Active Member

If I get it, my parents die, my in-laws die, and my 8 year old son with lung issues may also develop severe complications. My wife, who has had pleurisy may also have problems. If I die, I die. But I don't want to take anyone with me, and I don't want to leave them without me either

And even just getting a mild (but not asymptotic) case means I am off work without pay for weeks/months. I'd rather not wipe out my savings thanks

Maybe its because I live close to one of the main hotspots, but I am VERY careful.

5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Stay safe, and good luck. We are starting to see more complications with survivors, and they are not in that frail/elderly bucket either. I have a couple co workers that have friends or other co workers that are currently fighting it, some for an extended period, all middle aged or younger too. We are all considered essential (insurance/financial industries) but I at least have been 100% work remote since this started.

6. lynnmarie0123

lynnmarie0123 Active Member

Thank you for your dedicated service!!!!

Lainey likes this.
  7. Lainey

Lainey Member

That would be great!!!

8. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

I live in a more rural area, on the outskirts of the metro region.

My buddy does code enforcement for our City. He told me the biggest new calls he gets are for folks violating the ordinances over living in campers, for your same exact reasons. Fireworks during the day is a new category, and ATV noise calls are up.

As a code guy, he's never really turned a blind eye to much, except healthcare workers living as separate units, divided from their families. "We don't need to enforce codes like that, right now", he said.... I hope your area is just like that. Good luck to you!

kitphantom likes this.
  9. lynnmarie0123

lynnmarie0123 Active Member

Set up an outside bathroom with a shower head and hose, a portable potty and a few tarps or shower curtainstp hide it all - thats what im doing.

10. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

My code guy said they phone calls came in because they ordered porta potties to a couple houses.

That stuck out to some neighbors, screw them, but is highly effective.

11. CampingFamily1

CampingFamily1 Well-Known Member

A friend who is a Hospital Chaplan got Covid and then his whole family got it. They recovered fast and now he has recovered too.

You can see our outdoor shower tent in my photos.