My over sink/behind sink shelf

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by jonkquil, Aug 10, 2014.

1. mocamper

mocamper Active Member

Great idea. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

2. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

More dead space behind the sink reclaimed. I am using 3x L brackets underneath the wood. Dropped in a strip of PVC gap filler.

This above sink shelving worked out beautifully in our last camping trip.
    [​IMG]
    upload pics

3. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Sweet! Is it permanently attached? Did you use the L shaped brackets you posted from the above post?

4. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Yes, 3 L brackets by screws. Very steady. PVC gap filler was made from http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stabilit-1-4-in-x-1-3-8-in-x-96-in-White-PVC-FRP-Tile-Divider-Moulding-FRP-DIV-WHITE/202083291 by cutting off the wider side with a blade. So I ended up with a "T" strip.
    The reason for the filler is that the vinyl edging from the stock counter is not very flat. If it was bare wood, I could mate the add-on piece into one piece without a seam.

Also, I was using the scrap wood I had around for this. It is not too deep to take out too much storage space. But you could make it deeper. Wood strip for the L-brackets was held up by hot glue.
    [​IMG]
    upload img

5. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

Thank you for the detailed instructions and picture. This is my next project!