My Pup just did a wheelie!

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Hinezy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. dion

dion Member

Yeah, we did that, too, as we were touring a bunch of trailers on a dealer's lot. The stabilizers were down, but not firmly and tightly down. So when we went to the back it tipped just enough to lift the tongue jack a bit. But the tongue jack was supported by blocks, and it moved enough to fall off the blocks as we went back forward.

You'd think the dealerships would know how to set up the stabilizers to prevent tipping.

2. tsc

tsc Member

chuckle chuckle. I think we've all done it.

Classic 4 y/o response, I'm sure my kids would say the same thing.

In my case, I had dragged the pup out of the garage and disconnected it from the truck after chocking the wheels. So no stabs down and not connected to the truck; I opened the door and had to retrieve something from the rear of the "hallway" (pup is still in the down/folded condition). I start crawling toward the back and I suddenly realize that my "bum" was getting higher then my head. Yup, started doing a pop-a-wheelie. I tried to scoot back towards the front as fast as possible--trust me, I'm fat and the hallways is narrow. The DW was standing right there and quick thinking enough to grab the pup tongue and push down.

3. rms62003

rms62003 New Member

Yikes! It makes me feel like my SPUT of backing into my camper is just another SPUT!

4. lewis1369

lewis1369 New Member

Done that myself.... except not with my pup.... did it with a friends severl years ago...except the rear bed hit the ground and my buddy had to push down on the front! [:D] Quite a ride!

5. rms62003

rms62003 New Member

YIKES - doesn't make me feel as bad about backing into my PUP as I did before. After I parked my pup the first time, and it rolled a little towards my TV, I've gotten chucks for the wheels. I'll make sure those are always in place, an stabilizers before I get into the pup after reading this.

Good example of why this forum is a great idea - it helps all of us new puppers realize the do's and don'ts of the pup world. [:D]

6. Dennis Smith

Dennis Smith New Member

When I bought our first pup the dealer advised me to keep the stabilizers up until the roof is raised or lowered. This would allow the flexing needed for the roof to be raised or lowered properly. Anybody heard of this before? Planning a short day in the office to get out to camp. Life is Good

7. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

If you have the scissors-type...put them down softly!

8. The Manchacan

The Manchacan New Member

So has anyone mentioned you need to lower the stabilizers? :)

I can honestly say I've not done it...yet. But on a fairly new owner. Just remember: up down up down. I chant that every time I open an close the pup.

9. Dennis Smith

Dennis Smith New Member

Thanks Softly would keep it from placing lift system in a bind. Makes sense to me