My restoration project: 95 Jayco Eagle 10

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Bosgarage57, Sep 15, 2020 at 3:39 PM.

1. Bosgarage57

Bosgarage57 New Member

Instead of me asking numerous questions and being scattered about I finally found this forum and will be putting in my rebuild/fixes here.

Last Thursday (Sept 10th) I purchased a 1995 Jayco Eagle 10 popup for an elderly gentleman who could no longer camp. As quick as campers have been selling, once I seen it in person I was leaving his house with it in under 20 minutes. I checked the roof, floor, canvas for issues and didn't see anything that looked terrible for a 25 year old camper.

Once I got it home and popped up we started noticing small things that will need to be addressed soon and some that can wait until this winter. I want to atleast camp in it in the drive way and see what we wanted to spruce up this winter for next year.

Background on us, my girlfriend and I (32), my father has a 30ft toy hauler that sleeps 8 to 10 people, I just wanted something smaller for us. I wanted a hybrid, but I can store the pop up in the basement when not in use. We have no kids, but my brother has 3 ages 8, 6, 4. They can all stay in the toy hauler, unless we put the pop up up at the lake for a night.

need fixed now:

1) There is a small spot of the canvas that tucks in near the door that is ripped. I need to see if I can find a strip that goes in the channel and sew it on. (no pics of this yet)

2) The auto lift system isn't working. Previous Owner said it was making a buzzing noise so they cut it, not sure where the cut it from. Crank handle is working fine and smooth

3) No Stove, we have a Coleman propane stove we can use.

Long term fixes:

1) The converter box is dated, but runs fine. We currently have no water holding tanks, so I will need to buy some and possibly a water pump? Not sure. Camper is very minimal with no running water/hot water, stove, microwave.

2) Both ends the top piece where the bunks come out the wood is rotten, will need to replace this winter.

3) reseal roof, replace rubber seals, waterproof canvas

Attached Files:

FARfetched and eoleson1 like this.
  2. Carolina-Pop

Carolina-Pop New Member

I suggest either removing the cut romex wires or at least putting wire nuts on them for safety. Congrats on the PUP