Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by UKDiamond001, Jul 12, 2018.
Number plate and stickers in place
Looks good. Cleaned up really nice..
I'm pleased so far, although I had to renovate the cabin electrics as all the connectors underneath was corroded. Never seen so many different colours of wire on one stretch of cable ,blue,white ,red and brown all live. All good now.
I had to add a little bit of 21st century to the old girl. Solar Energy.
I didn't know the portal had a sticker.... Hmmmm!
Well here we are, a temporary setup just for the photo, it needs piping on the tarp where it joins the cabin but you should get the idea. The windbreak/pet enclosure turned out better than i thought. The grey panel is the gate, all poles are steel tipped and topped, wheel arch cover and draught skirt included, the white poles are to apply tension and do away with guy ropes.
New curtain track has the curtains attached and so now it's over to SWMBO to finish the job....my work is done!
With the help of more beer, the piping has been laboriously hand stitched to the tarp, two new poles and dayglow guys are on order to give extra support, her first outing has been booked.
6th September we're off to Great Yarmouth, Norfolk UK for the Maritime Festival.
Fingers crossed my DIY skills will hold up.
Good luck with the trip, I hope it all works out with many more to come.
Good news and bad.
First one of the lifter cables gave way, I don't think it was my replacement but I had a spare canopy pole that supported the offending corner so we carried on, The side locker flap has given up, I will have to fabricate a new panel for that and lastly, the car developed an oil warning problem. Now the weather has turned again all will have to wait until the spring.
The good news is that the dogs behaved on their first camp, the pup did not leak, she stood up to very strong winds and generated quite a lot of silent interest being the oldest unit on site, and the views from the Roman fort were fantastic.
Well we have suffered a few storms over the winter but other than the green stuff which needs to be washed off, the pup weathered it ok. We have had so much rain I'm afraid to move her across the lawn in case she bogs down.
I've still got the broken lifter cable and flap to fix but I now have to get a tow hitch on the replacement car before I can go anywhere so no hurry. I decided to part with the old Rover 45 as the government tax was hiked up due to her age and she was auto .I found another Rover 45 which is six months newer, 400cc smaller, manual gears and half the tax!(it's faster too and only 35k on the clock) all for $460 (£350).
Fingers crossed for a successful repair.
Hopefully you can get back on the road in the spring, good buy with the Rover, I think that's what they call bangernomics