My wife destroyed the counter top this weekend

Discussion in 'The Woodshed' started by Jeep Guy, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Never heard of them.

2. Chris Y

Chris Y New Member

You are an ******* for acting like that with your spouse. She ought to kick your nuts in.

3. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

That's just freeking gorgeous!

4. mostlyok

mostlyok We're Mostly OK! Gold Supporting Member

Even higher end trailers have MDF or particle board countertops.

We had our damp-rid container tip over once when moving our Niagara in the driveway and upper cabinet (In folded position) soaked it all up. Nothing you can do will dry that out, we even called Damp-did.:shocked:
    We rebuilt the cabinet, got oak veneer to reface and it turned out better than the original, after that we also kept the damp-rid container in a dishpan so it would not happen again.

5. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Wow this post has taken a turn for the worse. Sounds to me like a funny story from a guy who loves his wife. Lots of haters out there.

Toedtoes and tfischer like this.
  6. Rox53146

Rox53146 New Member

Jeep Guy likes this.
  7. Rox53146

Rox53146 New Member

It looks like contact paper, but is made to cover counters, furniture, etc. There are videos out there where they demonstrate it being used.

8. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

Exactly. I would never in a million years harm my wife.

Toedtoes likes this.
  9. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

You clearly interpreted my comments incorrectly. I was telling the story of how the counter was damaged. Sorry if you did not like the story of how the counter was actually damaged. Yes, I could have just stated that the camper was flooded, then someone would have asked how it got flooded. So, I just told the whole story, nothing to hide. And no, the "bulk" of responsibilities does not fall on her. In fact, I do nearly everything at home and when we camp. I cook, do the laundry, wash dishes, do 100% of the yard work, do all of the grocery shopping, and maintain the vehicles. When we camp, I do the majority of the set-up. I do all of the cooking and usually all of the clean-up. Sh thought she would help while my daughter and I went for walk and this accident happened.

10. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

No, she does not have mental health problems. She is just very absent minded and easily distracted. Last week, she was looking all over for her eye glasses and my daughter was laughing at her because she was wearing them.

11. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

Do what?? I am not even slightly close to being perfect. In fact I make mistakes all the time. But I usually do not make very careless mistakes over and over. And I did not treat my wife bad. When I said I could have choked her, it is a saying, I did not and would not actually choke her.

12. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

Acting like what moron????

13. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Folks, it's an "oops" story. He isn't berating his wife, he isn't embarrassing her. We've all done dumb sh!t like that and been "told on". It didn't ruin our relationships. If it did ruin the relationship, then you had a whole lot more going on that this tale.

Sheesh, if I got upset everytime someone told about one of my oops, I would be a hermit. My Mom would have been even more so - she's the only person I know who actually set a pot of water of fire.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  14. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office Gold Supporting Member

Agree 100%

And none of us know "Jeep Guy"'s real name, nor his wife. How could this be "pubic shaming"?

Toedtoes and Jeep Guy like this.
  15. Jeep Guy

Jeep Guy Active Member

Thanks. You are exactly right. I was just telling the story of what my wife did and what damage it did to the camper. Nobody was yelled at or beat up. I was simply telling the story of what happened. Jees. I will not be posting on here much more. In fact, if a moderator reads this, please just delete this entire thread.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  16. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Jeep Guy don't leave. This happens a lot on forums. Most often it's simply due to a poster's own mood when they read a thread. If their mood is off, they see offense/issues with the post where there really isn't any. I think everyone has done it - myself included. Just ignore it and continue to be a part of the forum. It will blow over when this thread dies a natural death as they all do.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  17. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

One of the boys called me to help with something just as I put a pot of water and hotdogs on the stove. Sometime later I smelled something, I burned the hotdogs I was boiling. To make matters worse DW walked in the front door asking what's burning just as I was taking the pot off the stove.
    I think the majority knows what you were saying. Don't let people's comments bother you. Everyone make oops and many of those oops frustrate others and we've all been frustrated by the oops of others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.