My wife's new mods!

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by pupateer, Jul 19, 2011.

1. pupateer

pupateer Native Texan

OK, I'll try not to make this too long. My family and I (me, DW, DS, and DD) just got back from a 6 night 7 day trip to central Texas. It's the longest trip we have taken in the pup yet. We learned a lot on this campout. After returning home, while cleaning up the pup, my DW requested a couple of mods. So, off to Home Depot we go. First up, she wanted more towel hanging space inside the camper for shower towels, wash rags and dish towels. We have a factory mounted towel rack, although it can only hold 2 towels, or 1 towel and 1 wash rag. Next, she wanted some storage pockets for various things, everything from shower shoes to keys to sun screen.

First off, we do have a toilet and shower in our pup. We don't use it because we usually camp at state parks that have facilities. We utilized the existing shower hardware for the mods. The shower curtain can be put back on and the shower used if wanted/needed.

We used PVC pipe and nylon chord to make the towel rods. I call it my towel rod mod. We were able to make 6 towel rods that will hold a towel and washrag each! Here's a pic...

[​IMG]

Next up was the storage pockets. We ended up buying a fabric shoe holder that we attached to an additional towel rod with 3 plastic zip ties. Here's a pic of it...

[​IMG]

And finally a pic of both with our sterilite clothes dresser in the shot...

[​IMG]

The shower curtain holder with the towel rods can easily be removed from the roof and put into the cabinet with the towel rods still attached. We use the shower floor to hold our dirty clothes hamper. It was cheap and works for us.

Next up, fridge fan mod and ordering my pug's!

2. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Nice use of the space. :)

3. CampCrazyMom

CampCrazyMom Member

Great idea, thanks for sharing!

4. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

[​IMG] Nice work!

5. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Nice work!

6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

You people sure do keep me busy trying to copycat all these good ideas! [:D]

I particularly love this one because we really need a place to hang towels inside. On the outdoor clothesline they always end up dirty. The problem is that I have no existing shower curtain rod so I'm going to have to get creative.

7. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

I use a shoe holder on the side of our Aliner's raised shower wall, for quick access storage too, but mine's not clear (I didn't know they made clear ones.) I really like the clear one so you can see what's inside.

Thanks for the great idea!

Chip

8. pupateer

pupateer Native Texan

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm starting to get into a modding mood, I'd better go hide my wallet...