My wife's perspective is delaying our Pop Up aquisition...

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by dbhost, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

A 30' trailer is a big trailer when you start trying to find a site to camp on. My brother has a 32' TT and his step daughter now lives in it at his house. He bought a smaller TT because there were only a couple site that it would fit on at his favorite campground. There are some sites his 27' TT will not fit on. I've seen many large TTs damaged trying to get though the camp ground not to mention the even more damaged trying to get into a tight site. Careful digging your heals in with your wife, it usually isn't worth it. PUPs do handle T-storms pretty well, we've ridden out some really nasty ones. A Trailmanor is probably going to be the best compromise for your situation. When the grandkids are grow we're getting a Trailmanor. We want either a 2720QS or 2720QD. They offer less sleeping room, but more living space. There's only going to be two of us and a queen bed is plenty big enough for us. If you must have a king bunk you'll have to step up to a 2922 series.

2. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Different thought with better halves and travel :)

My wife is not an outdoor person. I am, and love to tent camp. When we first talked about trips together, it was rent a big giant home on wheels. It became clear, that it was much more cost effective to rent a cabin at destination.

So, I'm out with our kids, inexpensively tent camping and exploring. And my wife gets a break from the crew, peace and quiet and a good book for her :)

When we travel as a family, it's a cabin at destination - works for all of us :)

What's the experience the two of you want? And you may want to divide some experiences and adventures into solo trips :)

3. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

We've managed to do that once. I took the boys dry camping at Sand Hills State Forest and the DW stayed home with the DQT who had a band competition. Worked out nicely. The boys got to play and get dirty without Grandma telling them to stop. The girls got to enjoy the bands without the boys saying "How much longer?" every five minutes. Papa, well I actually got to just sit and relax! The boys haven't been that dirty since. Yes, Papa cleaned them up before bring them back to Grandma. She bathed them again:huh:.