Myles Standish State Park - Plymouth MA

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by Chef9375, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Chef9375

Chef9375 Member

Did a little mid week trip with the family at Myles Standish. It was our first time camping there. We were amazed on how giant the park actually was and how many camping loops it had. We stayed in Barrett's Pond site #1. It was very large and the most private out of the area. It was a short walk to the beach about 15 yds away. The only concern was it had lots of raised roots that posed a tripping hazard for the little guys, but they were fine and ended up painting a few with water colors lol. The bathrooms were clean and the showers looked fine as well. They had a nice large 2 bay sink and sprayer to was your dishes in which our kids loved to use while helping. The pond is small but clean and the swimming area was great for younger children. I would definitely recommend giving it a try. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

We drove around to all the other loops and felt like we made the best choice. The other sites on every other loop than Barrett were so close to each other and with limited to no privacy. If we come back to Myles standish we would try for a spot pond side at Barrett's or take site one again. The other loops are not for us.

2014 Rockwood 2560G

2. pudge

pudge Active Member

We've been in both Barrett and Charge areas. We had the same site as you in Barretts and it is the best. Charge was nice. Thought the separation between sites was O.K.

3. She2dancer

She2dancer New Member

We do a week here every year in the group camping loop with lots of friends, we love it! The group sites offer 4 separate individual sites per group, so lots of privacy within the group, it is on a dead end road so kids can ride their bikes all day with little worry and the beach is a short walk.

Only downside is that it takes 15 minutes to get to and from the entrance of the campground to the campsite ;) (I leave nightly to go to work).

4. stephermay

stephermay New Member

Grabbed a site in the Barrett's pond loop for June. Glad to see I made the right decision. :)

5. bman77

bman77 Member

We stay in Curlew Pond Site 44 for 10 days every year when school gets out until july 5th. It's on the North side of Myles Standish. It has no neighbor to the left and a good view of the beach. Curlew is a great lake for fishing and kayaking. It's a short drive to the center of town to catch the fireworks on the 4th.

You have to book 6 months in advance to get a site during the 4th.

6. nt40lanman

nt40lanman New Member

Does this park have electric at the sites?

7. kmbarreiros

kmbarreiros Member

My understanding is most sites do not have hookups.

8. dirkdabass

dirkdabass Member

Happy to hear that the Park is still making happy for campers. My family camped at Charge Pond sixty(!) years ago, fifty feet from the pond - and yup, I am old. It was one of the happiest times of my life. I still hanker for the smell of fresh wind blowing pine scent across hot sand.

9. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

We just stayed at the Charge Pond loop and had a very good time. Charge Pond has very clear water, and many of the campsites in the loops were a good mix of sun and shade. The weekends are very busy, this past weekend all of the 400 sites were full, but on Monday and Tuesday the 3 sites to the right and left of us were empty. Some of the bathrooms were very clean, some not so much. The one criticism I had with some campers was that they did not throw away their trash. We found used paper towels, plastic bags and cups in the woods around many of the sites. We rode our bikes on the paved bike paths and those were in good shape and the scenery was amazing.
    miles standish 1.jpg

kmbarreiros likes this.