Mystery BobCat

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by BobMarjo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. BobMarjo

BobMarjo New Member

Hello there all!

I am new here, and I am 1) extremely enthusiastic about popups! And 2) mistyfied by my own. I bought one yesterday, after weeks of haggling and contemplating. But I can't find anything online about my type of popup.

It is a BobCat. That,I know. A BobCat 270, the previous owner said, from 1993. Except for that? No idea. There aren't any papers with the popup (that isn't illegal where I live) and so far I haven't found any marks or brandings or anything on it. Except a dealer sticker, which I contacted but everyone that worked there back then has long ago moved on.

Also Google doesn't yield any information of value when I google 'BobCat Popup' or variations. It was apparently a Dutch brand (or rebrand for the Dutch market), but popups never caught on in the EU and ... That is it.

Has anyone here heard about the brand before, or is it a model of another brand? Any ideas whatsoever? I will have to replace the canvas in the future (not yet, yay) and that is so much easier with some manufacturing/brand/etc information. Alsof for spare parts and to see what this pup can become with some tlc!

If anyone knows something, that would be so much appreciated. I want to add photo's, but I have to figure out how to do that when the kids have had dinner and are gone to bed - in a few hours.

Thanks for reading! :)

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

3. BobMarjo

BobMarjo New Member

I have been googling for days and overlooked this immediately. How stupid of me. I am definitely gonna email them! (Calling is hard as ....well it's not hard but speaking English on the phone is terrifying)

Thank you very much. :)

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Those are truck campers, the OP said she bought a popup. I guess you're thinking perhaps they made "Bobcat" popup back in 1993? [?:~{]

5. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

BobMarjo likes this.
  6. BobMarjo

BobMarjo New Member

Yup, that's my Bobbie! I did find the brochure (from the Dutch pop up club!) and I did contact the dealer. They were very friendly but sadly no-one that worked there in the nineties is still there and since they have moved several times, no paperwork still exists either. I do have a sticker of that same dealer on my Bobbie, which is the only mark of any kind on her. Except for the striped decals as in the brochure.

I hope to find the original manufacturer eventually, for the pattern of that cool extra tent.

7. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

Ah. I thought the info on the bottom was for the manufacturer. Looks like the dealer info would've been a stamp or sticker in the empty box. Oh well, worth a shot. Good luck!

8. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member