Mystery Leak Jayco 1206

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Hammer_2012, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Hammer_2012

Hammer_2012 New Member

I'm trying to find the source of a leak in my 2007 Jayco 1206 and haven't had any luck, thought someone may have experienced the same.

During rain I get a medium sized puddle of water on the floor (I'd guess 4 or 5 cups of water). If the trailer is level it pools a little in the front storage compartment and a little in the first storage cabinet inside (door side). This happens if the trailer is setup or not.

I've gone over the front compartment area and up to the front bunk, and sealed any cracks which I've found. I've even crawled into the compartment during a storm and cannot find any form of moisture leaking from above the floor level.

Anyone else experience such a problem, and have found any issues?

Thanks!

2. 4campers+g-kids

4campers+g-kids Member

What are you sealing it with? If you're adding silicone over old stuff, water will still seep through. To seal any cracks you must remove all the old caulk, clean the surface with alcohol or acetone to remove any oily residue, then caulk with a polyurethane caulk. There are specific caulks out there for RV use, Dicor is one, and will work better than local hardware stuff.
    With that, the corner caps on a lot of pups went bad, leaking underneath. Check the front corner, pull the cap if you have to, and replace the caulk. There may be butyl tape under it as well. If all else fails, eternabond tape may be the answer.