Mystery Sink Part

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by leepell, Apr 6, 2012.

1. leepell

leepell New Member

Hi All!

Just got a NTM Jayco King 6 and have tested everything but the sink. In the picture below is a white rod bent at 90 degrees to the right of the faucet pump. Anyone have any ideas what this is/does?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

Does it move at all?

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Can it hold down the faucet lever some how to keep the water flowing .......... just a guess .....

4. leepell

leepell New Member

Yes, It rotates, but does not push in or pull out in any way. Maybe Raycfe has the right idea. Guess I'll have to wait and see when I actually hookup city water to it.

5. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I have the exact faucet. The little white bar is for lifting the sink up a bit and rotating it to floor level. Like Colemans have that bar above the galley that is used to lift and lower the whole unit to the floor....my sink unit ONLY lowers, and that is the part I grab hold of to start the lowering.

You can see that the counter top is higher than the PUP's side wall, so it has to be lowered to the floor before folding down.

Hope that helps! :)

[:D]

6. airmech2210

airmech2210 Member

It is a hold down for keeping the water running when on a hookup. press down on the faucet to start the water running and then rotate the little metal bar over the faucet handle to keep it down hands-free. Make sure it doesn't overflow the sink and flood if the drain cannot keep up.

7. leepell

leepell New Member

Hmmm.. Thanks Rotnmom, but that can't be it. My popup folds down without moving the sink which does not raise/lower/or move at all. It must be for something else.

8. leepell

leepell New Member

Thanks airmech. I think you and Ray got it right.

9. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

A) Well, I'll accept that then!! Considering I've had the PUP for 1.5 years and never used the water system, lifting is what *I* use it for! [LOL] [LOL]

B) Goes to show you CAN teach an old doggett new tricks![:O]

C) airmech2210: Glad someone in the air mech field knows about pups....my DH won't work on anything that doesn't have rotor blades on top. [LOL]

Carry on!
    [:D]