Natural Bridges National Monument, UT (near Blanding).

Discussion in 'Utah' started by Unstable_Tripod, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I love this place. It sits at about 6,500 feet and has only 13 FCFS paved sites on a single, paved loop. Get there early because while there is a lot of daily turnover, it usually fills by noon. It is open year-around but not cleared of snow in winter. There is a 26’ vehicle length limit. All sites are back-in if I recall correctly. Each site has a table, fire ring and tent pad. Gathering firewood is prohibited. Water is available from a spigot at the Visitors Center. There is a five gallon per campsite per day limit. Toilets are vaults and there are no showers or dump station. There is a trash facility. Site size varies widely. I got #12 which I think is the biggest and best in the place. Privacy also varies although it’s pretty good for most sites since they are spaced well apart. The vegetation is juniper and pinyon pine. It has standard quiet hours (10:00 PM to 6:00 AM) and generators are permitted during the day. The cost is $10 per night. The monument has received a “dark sky” designation and often has an astronomy program at night. It can get very hot at NBNM during the summer so spring and fall are good times to visit. I had clear skies and high temperatures of 80 during my three-day stay.

Here's a shot of my campsite in Natural Bridges.
    [​IMG]

2. coloskibum

coloskibum New Member

Do you know what the winter (Thanksgiving) temps are here? I'm looking for someplace in the SW to PUP camp this Thanksgiving holiday.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

According to THIS the average high temperature in November is 49.7 and the average low is 27.9. Average precipitation is 1.03" and average snowfall is 4.6". But that is for the whole month. Since Thanksgiving is toward the end of the month I'd expect it to be pretty chilly there at that time.

4. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Thanks UT. The NPS had very little information available online. I will try to claim a site tomorrow. Otherwise, I will settle for the overflow lot.