Need a new cover, recommendations

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by mattlreese, May 18, 2019.

1. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

I have a 18 ft popup and i need a new cover. The last one i had lasted about 4 months of total outside time. Classic accessories was the brand. The white top layer became very brittle in the sun and fell apart.

Pup sits in a south facing driveway with full sun, there is also a large tree near by that does drop things.

Any recommendations? I am willing to pay for an expensive brand that lasts.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Over the years I went thru the same thing. I would go thru a cover every couple of years. Last year I purchased a cover from National Covers and by far the greatest cover I have ever had.

3. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

4. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I'm gonna follow this thread.

5. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

This is the exact one I only got 4 months out off, my driveway sun is pretty brutal I guess.

6. Vegas_PUPpers

Vegas_PUPpers New Member

I read through this thread. I had bookmarked the Classic Accessories model for my dimensions, and now I see I should probably abandon it.

My FIL did not know the brand he bought for his TT, but it was the nylon "shopping bag material" and he said it disintegrated after a year. He is in Los Angeles, with warm weather and moderate sun. I am in Las Vegas, with hot weather and direct sun.

I am looking at burly tarps instead, to think out of the box a little. Anyone try a heavy-duty tarp? This website, https://www.tarpsnow.com/white-poly-tarps.html, has a reinforced 8-mil version, for $140 on a 3-pack. At ~$46 each, that doesn't sound too bad. I made sure to take my roof dimensions and account for the vertical distance of the trailer walls to get overall LxW of the tarp to let it fold down over with enough room.

7. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

8. Vegas_PUPpers

Vegas_PUPpers New Member

9. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

Well, we're classed as high desert here....hot, dry summers with little to no rain, generally from t-storms that blow like mad, & drop 16 drops of rain, winters down around zero, moderate snow. My pup sits out summer & winter, no shade of any sort nearby.

Vegas_PUPpers likes this.