need a new favorite

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by rambus, Mar 29, 2013.

1. rambus

rambus Member

Hi everyone, we're looking for a new favorite CG in the south jersey shore area. Our usual is Wading Pines in Chatsworth and the CG is great but its starting to get a bit pricey for us. $100 for a weekend is just too much. We prefer to stay at family CGs. anyone have suggestions?

2. dav1966

dav1966 New Member

i really dont think your gonna find much near the shore area for less than $100 a weekend,what we do is stay at bellplain state park then hit the shore points its in woodbine and not far from the and only $20 a night

3. pbturtle173

pbturtle173 New Member

Hi check out http://bakersacres.com/ it's a very nice family owned campground. The owners are great and the campground is very nice.

4. wraenking

wraenking New Member

I second bakers acres. Kids had a blast. They always have activities for the kids.

5. dbabb

dbabb DAYGLO

We also stayed at Baker's Acres last Oct. Their Halloween wked was great! This past tues we just did a 3 nite at Butterfly Camping Resort in Jackson. I know its a little more central Jersey but Great Adventure is ten minutes away and the campground is very nice. The pool area and showers/bathrooms are clean and updated.Owners were on hand and very nice also. As for trying to get away from the $50 a nite or $100 for the weekend you will have to look more into the state parks or wait until the family campgrounds go to offpeak mode. Campsites were the best I have seen since owning a pup. Most sites back were we where had 15ft of woods between sites. Our site was level and about 25 x 50.Good luck.

6. rambus

rambus Member

Thanks for the help guys and gals. Wading pines raised their prices again $60 a night for two people and they hit you for $10 per night for others so for a family of four that's $160 for two nights. We found Seashore Campsites off of rt 9 near Cape May for $60 a night per family( that's five of us) they didn't even charge me for my 22 yr old as he was in college and to them that meant he was still under our roof. The place was very clean and well run. It was a little on the glamping side as the snack bar will deliver to the lake or your campsite.
    Even though we went on labor day weekend we enjoyed our time and will definitely be back.

7. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

Have you checked out state parks? Introduce your kids to trees, woods, ponds, turtles frogs.

8. rambus

rambus Member

Jayko, Iv'e done the state parks thing before, but in NJ they leave a lot to be desired. Last time I was at a SP there was almost no one working there do to budget cuts. the bath houses aren't cleaned on the weekends and you have to take your trash out with you when you leave( witch is fine, but most other campers don't they either burn everything or stuff the trashcans at the bathhouses). We had an issue with a bunch of drunks next to us,even though no alcohol is allowed in state parks. We did call a ranger but it took him almost an hour to get to us and the drunks plenty of time to hide their booze. The ranger said he smelled alcohol on them but was unable to find any on their site so there was nothing he could do. We packed up and left. We have never had a major issue at a private CG. That is why we prefer private CG's we will hike through a state park or forest but I'm not staying there.