Need ideas on a taking 13 yr old girl camping.

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by bettypowell, Jul 13, 2014.

1. bettypowell

bettypowell New Member

We have brought our 13 yr old daughter camping twice now. So far so good. Kindles are our best friend. She watches barney movies inside the popup but still is able to see us at all times. Bed is staying dry due to plastic covering and heaving washable bed pads. Yes she is not potty trained yet. She enjoyed the swimming, let me give her a shower at THEIR shower room to remove sand.

My concern is she does wander at times. I did read in one of the threads other parents ideas but not sure where I found it. Can anyone tell me what you do for wandering kids. She is echolalic so is not able to answer questions but can repeat everything. I kept waking up checking on her. but would like to get a good nights sleep when taking her along. Advise and ideas please.

She has shaken baby syndrome, traumatic brain injury, OCD, ADHD, Autism Spectrum and more as we all know with our special kids.

thanks in advance.
    Betty

[PU]

2. Phranc

Phranc New Member

Here is a suggestion I came across, and it works for any child. Buddy Tag

3. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

I know this is a old post and I just want to say that buddy tag is a great idea. And cheap buzzers for doors work great. They work like door sensors for home alarms. It's a buzzer on one side and the magnet on the other and when they pull apart the buzzer goes off.

4. kennykamper

kennykamper Member

We have some similarities are daughter has has Autism and has similar language bearers . We have an Id bracelet for events and things and for night time we added a latch/lock up higher on the door so she cant sneak out wile we are sleeping. I like that buzzer idea for daytime .

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma