Need Installation Tips for Coleman Fleetwood Roof Support

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by PUPLizCA, Apr 12, 2019.

1. PUPLizCA

PUPLizCA New Member

Hello, I have been looking in the forum and have not been able to find anything so far.
    I own a 96 Coleman Santa Fe 2 owners before me did a horrible job putting square tubes across the roof and bolting them through the ABS roof. Well surprise the holes they made leak. In addition to this we also have delaminating and cracking in the roof.
    So I decided to redo the roof. I purchased this brace https://colemanpopupparts.com/collections/roof-assembly/products/a-c-roof-brace-kit-1. Does anyone have any tips for install?
    It is a tight fit and we are having troubles getting the bar installed. Almost like it doesn't fit my roof.

Thank you for the information.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I have in the past put a cushioned block on the floor and ceiling (in the center near the support) and with a 4x4 and a jack raise the roof to put the bow back in it to side the support back into the brackets. I also run a self tapping screw into the bracket and bar to keep the bar in place. But it sounds like you have bigger problems. Maybe a aluminum plate on the outside with stainless steel carriage bolts to hold the supports in place.

3. PUPLizCA

PUPLizCA New Member

It’s more a problem of the roof not curving with the bar. Due to sagging the roof was almost flat. We figure we will tighten it a little every day as the sun hits the roof and warms it up hopefully making it a little more playable.