Need new pan or stove?

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by Rhconcepts, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

So my new Flagstaff pop-up camper came with this nice stove but it’s kind of tight with the pans that I bought. I bought some fold up pans from Walmart because they are deep but yet not as wide. I can barely get the two side-by-side. I like the stove because the burners go down to a low simmer.
    Has anybody found some lightweight pans that work good with this type of stove or maybe just one large one to take up both burners?
    8F044B10-0786-4741-A967-DFC3F888573E.jpeg

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

Something I've done is to unhook one of the sides on the stove as that can give my pan just a little more room on the burner. The issue with my pans is the side flares out. My 10" cast iron pan fits perfectly, but I can't always use that especially for something I really need to get under to flip. I also don't usually have two pans going at once either. I've boiled water in my percolator and had a pan going but the percolator has a much smaller base. So it doesn't take much room.

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Try some of your home stuff - figure out what sizes work best, and then go search. That was one of my biggest issues with the factory stove - the burners were so close together if I needed to use a larger skillet I couldn't use the other ones. They also tended to blow out easily in the wind, and sucked at boiling water in those conditions as well.

I have some nesting pots from GSI that worked pretty well, and some anodized aluminum ones from Coghlans that also fit. In the end I got so frustrated with it I cut the hose off and used it to adapt my Coleman Road Trip to the quick disconnect, and use it outside. Then I picked up a Camp Chef Weekender and a quick disconnect hose for it, and never looked back. Way more power than stock, and enough room to use 2 big skillets at once - it is basically an oversized camp stove, smaller than the big burner ones you normally see, and bigger than the typical Coleman camp stove.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I wanted to like the stock stove also, but as stated, limited power, almost non ajustment of the flame, and it was never level. So doing pankakes and such was a pita. And that was with the old high pressure stove. My TT dosen't have an outside propane hook up, and tbh, im happy about that! I use a Coleman roadtrip ( one side is usally converted for a stove burner , blackstone, and a ellectric burner. Between those 3 i can cook a lot of stuff.

5. Rhconcepts

Rhconcepts Active Member

The last camper I rebuilt and changed out the stove for a blackstone, it worked great. I was hoping someone had pans to fit a stove like this or a nice deep skillet.
    Thanks everyone