Need repair in Huntsville, Texas

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by happybooker1, Sep 20, 2021.

1. happybooker1

happybooker1 Member

The cables need to be checked out raising the roof and possibly repaired/replaced and also the rollers on the bed rails need to be replaced on the king bed. Is there anyone near there or know of a repair shop that deals with pop ups? a company or individual would be fine. Neither me nor my son are capable enough mechanically.

2. popup-flyer

popup-flyer Active Member

What kind of popup?

You can order direct from forest river if its that kind of popup. THe rollers are cheap.. the shipping won't be.

The cable if its a F.R. with Goshen lift system can be ordered online or direct from carefree of Colorado..

happybooker1 likes this.
  3. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

happybooker1 was looking for the labor aspect, not the parts. Which begs the question - how do we as a society wind up with folks buying things (camperS) that need maintenance and not knowing this aspect beforey the sign the check to buy the camper.

happybooker1 likes this.
  4. popup-flyer

popup-flyer Active Member

Toppers RV on 290 in Houston is a big popup dealer and one of the few in the area. I have told you where you can go but I will also tell you that by the looks of the work they did for the former owner of the popup I just bought I would get details on what they are doing and check their work :/

Im curious to know why you think the rollers need to be replaced? I did that on my last F.R. popup and they developed flat spots again within a year.

I found the biggest reason the bunks are hard to pull in or bring out is that the braces are in the wrong slot on the frame at the bottom. One end has 3 slots on mine and the other has 4. If its hard to move try a different slot. You may just be putting it in to a bind by making it too high or low.

happybooker1 likes this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Good luck. If it’s for your Jayco I would try and locate a Jayco dealer to see if they will be willing to look at it for you. Sadly I find a lot of shops near me refuse to work on older popups and when it came to my Jayco lift even more adamant they wouldn’t touch it. Perhaps another Jayco shop in your area will have a more open mind or at least give you an estimate before they turn you away. Also don’t be afraid to look outside your town. Found a shop three hours from me that has a more open mind about popups so even if it’s a world pain to drive to I take my popup there if it’s something I can’t attempt myself. After my Jayco I bought a camper that is out of business so my opinions are even fewer. Bugger thing is, if I had a TT or even a hybrid finding a shop would be so much easier. It’s frustrating. Good luck.

happybooker1 likes this.
  6. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

There's always the beer / baked goods bribe. Find a local trailer or automotive shop and see if anyone there is interested in looking at it.

happybooker1 likes this.