Need to replace beds

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by vermontgirl, Jan 29, 2019.

1. vermontgirl

vermontgirl Member

Hi. I need to replace the beds in our NTU popup....should I use memory foam or futon mattresses? Beds are double size. Thank you in advance

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Whichever you go with, make sure you measure twice because regular mattress sizes are different than pup mattress sizes.

I do like memory foam. I use 3" on top of a regular mattress at home.

3. vermontgirl

vermontgirl Member

I measured the mattresses.last night...they are doubles. I was going to buy futon mattress but they can be uncomfortable. LOVE our memory foam topper. Could cover that with water proof cover.

4. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

I would also recommend adding anti-fatigue foam tiles under the mattresses. They really do make a big difference in comfort and provide insulation if you are camping in colder weather.

megcabra likes this.
  5. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't by a Purple Mattress - you'll have all your neighbors AND the mailman trying to sneak into your bed! [:D]

6. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

I have memory foam on top of the oem mattresses. It's extremely comfortable and I can still pop down without removing it. I haven't tried the anti fatigue mats yet thought I've heard they're amazing.

7. beakerthesparky

beakerthesparky New Member

you not have a place that can custom cut foam for you? That is what we did in the past, they had many options, with a mattress cover or not, even different thicknesses.

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

What every you choose do a empty tissue box test before you buy. Essentially take an empty tissue box put it on your bed as if your packing things up and close the roof. When you raise the roof the about of the box not crushed is how much room you have to play with. My old camper I couldn’t have anything higher than the stock mattress as I had no room between the mattress and roof. On my current camper I have an inch above my stock mattress at the corners but a couple inches above stock in the center. You don’t want to buy a mattress and find you can no longer close the roof.

9. vermontgirl

vermontgirl Member

Thank you everyone! I appreciate everyone's replies. NOW for the weather to warm up here in VT so I can work on the camper.

10. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from Beckley's Camper... the firm memory foam is quite comfortable.