need to use a patch

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by sonoma camper, Jul 1, 2010.

1. sonoma camper

sonoma camper New Member

My Coleman/Fleetwood camper doesn't really have a hole yet, but while camping I noticed there was a separation in the 2 fabrics (layers) of the roof over the bed. I noticed because of the sunlight that was trying to come through. A more lighted area than the rest of the fabric. After checking it out it wasn't completely through. I want to patch it so that it doesn't continue to enlarge. The roof fabric is not the same as the sides. The roof is more like a plastic coated material. I'm not talking about the fiberglass top. The material tucks under the fiberglass top. You know what I mean. What can I use to do the patch?
    thanks

2. Zeke13

Zeke13 New Member

I recently used clear awning repair tape to patch several holes in the top of the bed pull-outs. Once I cleaned the area and let it dry, the tape seemed to secure itself very well.

3. imwally

imwally New Member

You can buy a patch kit from cabelas. We went there and bout some to patch a small hole on my jeep soft top. Just make sure it is clean real good and once it is one try and leave it in the heat.

4. sonoma camper

sonoma camper New Member

thanks

5. dkes

dkes New Member

I have had good results with a product called Tear-Aid. There are 2 types. Type A is for fabrics and Type B is for vinyl, and is probably what you need. I got mine from ebay. Good luck.
    Dave