Never felt so small before...

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by jjjandrbaker, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Don't forget the story of David & Goliath.

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

Here's a pic of our little pup among the big rigs at the Bristol Nascar race in 09. this is five days before the race and by Friday, we were totally surrounded by the big guys. We don't stay there any longer. Found a nice place that has lots of pups and a few big rigs! Gotta say Nascar fans treat the tenters, puppers and car campers the same as the big rig folks :)

[​IMG]

3. Popsrock

Popsrock New Member

It's not the dog in the fight......I love that photo!

Besides, bet you've never had a problem backing into a site. Keep on pup-ing.

4. disneysandi

disneysandi New Member

I am going camping with a group of friends for labor day. They are too big for the beach front sites at the state park we are going to. I could fit easy. The loop we are winding up in has very few trees. I am hoping that their rigs will give me some shade. [:D]

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

This pic looks photoshopped! If it's not, that is just bizarre looking.

My local Walmart parking lot is a nicer "campground" than this!! I can't imagine camping at the places in either of these pics. I guess as a quick, cheap overnight place. Certainly not as a destination.

6. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

[:(O]

Please tell me you stayed here just for the night and only because you were traveling, it was late, and there were no other campgrounds within hundreds of miles... ?

7. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

This is a really nice campground. The big rig area is just a big parking lot. The tent sites are really nice, as are the back-ins. I upgraded to a pull through because I got a two nights for one special. The place is pretty empty, so I could have moved, but I'm not in the camper much of the day time anyway, so this is okay. As RV parks go, this is really a nice one. It has a great pool, an awesome hiking trail up in the hills, lots of cabins, a rec room, very nice private bath rooms, a store, a restaurant, and a beer garden. It is the Koyote Ranch. Check out their website: http://www.koyoteranch.com/

I prefer state parks, but I have been to all of the close ones and didn't want to travel far this trip. I just wanted a place to go quickly for my last trip of the summer. I wanted to spend some time in Bandera (the Cowboy Capital of the World) and at the Hill Country State Natural Area.

8. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

Just wanted to add that I just came down from the bath house again and noticed that every pull through has a tree. They will grow bigger over time. Also, each slot is angled so that you have a gorgeous view of the hills, not your neighbors. The hill out by front window has a deer feeder way at the top. Deer are grazing on the hill at dusk and dawn.

9. nimrod65

nimrod65 Member

When we h had our teardrop we would walk around the CG and end up saying to each other"We styill have the smallest camper here." Now with the PUP, we can't say that unless there is an 8 ft box. We have a 10 ft box. But we thought it was fun to have the smallest camper in the CG.

10. bigdad

bigdad Well-Known Member

That one pic of Unstable_Tripod looks like the end of the runway [LOL]

11. jjjandrbaker

jjjandrbaker New Member

I never photoshop anything. Here is another view from higher up the hill.
    [​IMG]

12. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I guess I never realized how tiny pups look next to big mohos! It's a cool pic. [:D]

13. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

As my good ol' mum would say (coz I was such a squirt of a kid) - "all good things come in small packages" [A]

14. poncho62

poncho62 New Member

Bet your fuel bill isn't as large either........

15. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

I would have taken a back in on the left. at least the tables were under a tree for some shade.

16. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Folks, I hate to tell you this, but the pic's that are posted are for nice parking lots....not CG'S. Somewhere along the way the GC has been lost

17. poncho62

poncho62 New Member

Thing is, that CG looks brand new....Give it 30 years when those trees grow and it might be pretty nice.....

18. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

No matter how big the trees get the layout will still be the same with all of the campers squeezed in side-by-side like the parking lot at Lowes. If I can see another camper we are too close together.

19. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

This is a little off topic but, we were coming back from Assateague and we stopped at the first service area on the NJ Turnpike heading north to use the bathrooms and fill the truck up. We were behind a brand new motorhome (about 35-40 feet long) he was just beginning to fill up. Well, about 10-15 minutes later he had a $275.00 fuel bill!!! [:O] [:O]

After I filled up I had a $60.00 fuel bill!! [A]

I cannot imagine having to pay a fuel bill like that every time I would fill up!!! [:(O] [:(O]

Sometimes it pays to have a small RV [A]

20. disneysandi

disneysandi New Member

I have found that the term "RV Resort" is code for "fancy parking lot".