New 2015 F-150 Tow vehicle

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by RobertGreenlee, Jul 31, 2015.

1. RobertGreenlee

RobertGreenlee Member

I picked up my new F-150 Lariat last night from the dealer to replace my 04 Explorer which was getting tired of pulling the PUP up the mountain side. With towing in mind and possibly in the future moving to a hybrid I went with the 3.5 EcoBoost, max tow package, and power tow mirrors so I can fit in the garage which is still really fun. Taking a road trip this weekend to get some miles on the engine before towing the PUP for the first time in a few weeks. Really looking forward to having more than enough power to keep up with traffic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

Congrats! I've been wanting to trade in my '04 Lariat Crew (261k miles) for some younger toy, this would work! [:D]

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Very nice! These new trucks are a whole new class of vehicle compared to their older siblings, no matter which manufacturer you choose. You are going to love yours as much as we do ours.

4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Nice truck. I would love a new everyday truck, I just can't seem to wear out my 1994.

5. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Congratulations ....... beautiful truck. The new F150s are really growing on me.

6. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Finally my 98 Explorer didnt pass the smog inspection... now I got a 2014 Ford Explorer...

7. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Nice truck [PUT]

8. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

Very nice. btw. I love your pop up. :)

Vin.

9. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Beautiful new f150!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

10. RobertGreenlee

RobertGreenlee Member

Made my first attempt at parking in a parking garage today. It was not pretty. It's just so big. It will take some practice to get comfortable with it. I did make it back into our home garage in one shot. It has the 360 degree camera system on it but I'm having to learn to trust it.

11. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

I can relate to that. Just traded my mid size suv for a 2010 F150 Lariat screw and it does fit in the garage but it takes up any extra room I had. I did luck out and only have to pull in the drivers mirror. I was afraid I was going to have to pull both mirrors in. These max trailer mirrors are huge.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

12. G. Will Ickers

G. Will Ickers New Member

Myself, and everybody that I know that has the newer body style F150 (09 - present?) has issues parking them at first. The turning radius isn't the best, and it's tough seeing over the front corners of the fenders. You literally CANNOT see the lines until they show up in your rear view mirror (if you're lucky) to tell you where you are in the spot. Backing in is easier for me. That rearview camera is a lifesaver. I could not do it without it.
    For me, there are two options when parking: the pull-thru, and backing in.

13. RobertGreenlee

RobertGreenlee Member

The 360 deg cameras are nice for lining up in a parking spot but since they are looking down from the mirrors they don't help too much to see where the front corners of the truck are swinging in.

I did try out the parallel park assist feature last night. It actually worked really well. Hit the bottom and pull forward until it sees a space big enough. Put in in reverse and let go of the steering wheel. You still control the gas and brake but it maneuvers you into the spot. I have to do this so rarely this may be one of the more valuable features verses having a kid get out as a spotter. :)