New 2020 Aliner Family

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by rfmodeler, May 19, 2019.

1. rfmodeler

rfmodeler New Member

Hi All. Has anyone seen the new Aliner Family model in person? I don't actually think it's on any dealer lots yet, but I'm seriously considering it for my next camper. I have a family of five (my kids are aged 7 and under) and if two of my kids can share the medium sized bed then this will probably work out fine for a while.

Here's a link to the official website.
    https://aliner.com/campers/family/

If anyone has a chance to look at these in person, I'd like to know how cramped it feels with all the beds extended. And also get an idea for how the slide out kitchen is.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  2. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the 2020 Family anywhere yet, but here a a 15' 2020 Classic. Some of the features will be the same. We have a 15' Classic which is a squeeze for 3 people. With the slide out kitchen and CoolKat, you are losing some storage space. I think you could do it if you have space in your TV for storage, and an outdoor enclosure like a Clam.

3. Enigmacamper

Enigmacamper Member

I haven't seen it in person...I will say, I'm all for small campers with kids (the point is to be together, right?). BUT we have the Scout with two kids under 5 (the baby takes more room than an adult of course) and we have enough room but a huge part of that is that we DON'T have a furnace, water heater, propane systems etc. that take your storage space away. Now the Family is 3' longer I think but the Scout has much larger beds I believe than the Family model does. Unless there's a bunk situation I don't know about I'm not sure where everyone would sleep?

ETA, lol just saw what I assumed was countertop was another bed, hahahah. I was wondering how they could call it "family" with so few beds! Lol so sleeping should be fine but storage may be an issue again, clearly the only way to tell would be to go in person. I'd love to see it but the nearest dealer is pretty far away. Personally I'd rather have it without the pull out kitchen (we usually use an electric burner on the picnic table, keep mess out of the camper) and have that space for storage.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  4. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

I spoke with Aliner today. The rep said the NEW Family camper is in production. More information to come.

Can’t wait to see it.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. ericmooreco

ericmooreco New Member

I just purchased one of the 2020 units, 35th edition. They are sweet. I have the external A/C, not the cool cat.

StlAnnie likes this.
  7. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Was just on the Road Trip camper site here in Virginia & saw they'd sold the same one you have...

8. ericmooreco

ericmooreco New Member

I drove to Idaho to buy mine, 900 miles one way. Since I started looking three weeks ago, there are quite a few more of these 35th edition for sale on RV trader.

Rik Peery likes this.
  9. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

For those interested in the NEW Aliner Family model...

Looks sweet...

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

Rik Peery likes this.
  10. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Saw a post on Farce Book asking what additional colors folks might like on the new ones, I put GREEN, as did a couple of others...