New and old to pop-ups

Jwwiff

Jul 16, 2015
Twin Cities, MN
Jim from Minnesota here. Just snagged a 2007 Bayside yesterday that was fully loaded. It had only been used 1 week per year each year and then stored for the year, from the time of first purchase until now (used only 11 times!). I’m proud to be the 3rd owner. Owner #2 had it only 2 years. I have been lurking and looking for the last 3 years and finally pulled the trigger.

I’m new to the current generation of pop-ups, and then really old as my folks (now in their late 80s) owned and rented out a couple of EZ-Campers back in the 60’s. Talk about a very basic unit - no internal amenities to speak of - a box, canvas top, and a couple of bunks and a door, but it was much nicer than sleeping on the ground. We saw much of the west (Yellowstone, Teatons, and Black Hills) and some of the east (Boston, Niagra Falls, and Montreal). Lots of good memories and it didn’t take much.

The older kids are grown and out of the house. The younger ones are now still at home and we are making plans to see the state parks in Minnesota as a starting point.

This website is great - a wealth of information and I have gained much from it. One thing that I have not found (yet?) are schematics for wiring and plumbing on the Fleetwood pop ups. Do they exist and if so, where?

..hope to be posting soon as we will be taking at least one short trip yet this Fall.

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
Welcome from N/W Fl Panhandle. Congrats on the N2U PUP. Sounds like you have found a great deal. Hoping ya'll have many great adventures and make a lot of super memories in the future with the Fleetwood PUP. Good luck and happy Camping

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
Welcome from Florida! Sounds like you're all set to make some great memories. My only regret is not knowing about pop-ups when our kids were growing up! We were avid tent campers, completely clueless to what we were missing out on.

I don't know the answer to any schematics, but the nice thing with pups is they are pretty easy to figure out. Most everything is easily accessible without having to tear anything out, and you can trace pipes and wires.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Welcome from northern Virginia and from a fellow fleetwood owner. I have the sister unit to your Bayside. I grew up with a popup when I was about 10. My parents unit had a stove and sink but that was it. No amenities. Actually my parents first gave me that popup to use once I started camping more. I then gave it to my little brother when the lift broke and I upgraded. He actually still has it.

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
Welcome from East Central MN! Your best bet is to email Fleetwood and see what they have scanned. A call to Coats or Imperial might lend a photocopy of a diagram, if they even purchased the factory manuals of the day. Weather is still nice enough, my pup is up out back still. I gotta get that thing down soon!

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Welcome from East Central MN! Your best bet is to email Fleetwood and see what they have scanned. A call to Coats or Imperial might lend a photocopy of a diagram, if they even purchased the factory manuals of the day.

The thing is that the company that made the 2007 Fleetwood no longer exists. That's why the parts lists and manuals from popupparts are so handy.

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
Did you try sending the Fleetwood / REV folks an email? Buying the brand means owning it's history. We found docs for my dad's '88 bounder, but that is a different animal. Yes is the same price as no - good luck on your hunt!

pattishadow

Jan 16, 2019
central Iowa
Jim from Minnesota here. Just snagged a 2007 Bayside yesterday that was fully loaded. It had only been used 1 week per year each year and then stored for the year, from the time of first purchase until now (used only 11 times!). I’m proud to be the 3rd owner. Owner #2 had it only 2 years. I have been lurking and looking for the last 3 years and finally pulled the trigger.

I’m new to the current generation of pop-ups, and then really old as my folks (now in their late 80s) owned and rented out a couple of EZ-Campers back in the 60’s. Talk about a very basic unit - no internal amenities to speak of - a box, canvas top, and a couple of bunks and a door, but it was much nicer than sleeping on the ground. We saw much of the west (Yellowstone, Teatons, and Black Hills) and some of the east (Boston, Niagra Falls, and Montreal). Lots of good memories and it didn’t take much.

The older kids are grown and out of the house. The younger ones are now still at home and we are making plans to see the state parks in Minnesota as a starting point.

This website is great - a wealth of information and I have gained much from it. One thing that I have not found (yet?) are schematics for wiring and plumbing on the Fleetwood pop ups. Do they exist and if so, where?

..hope to be posting soon as we will be taking at least one short trip yet this Fall.

Latest posts