New camper with a ntu camper!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CamperChrissy, Nov 25, 2016.

1. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

Hello! I'm Christene from outside of Chicago. I'm so happy to be joining you! I have very little camping experience, a ntu 2002 Jayco Quest 10-footer [PU], and a husband, 3 kids, and a dog that are all excited to camp. We squeezed in 2 trips this fall. First a one-night shakedown at a state park, during which we had a LOUD thunderstorm in the middle of the night (good news: pup is water-tight!). Then a 2-nighter at a private park, where we learned that our electric heater warms the PUP nicely, but cannot be run at the same time as the coffee pot [:O].

Hoping to join the Illinois crowd at the Spring Rally!!!

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Welcome and congratulations on your new camper and new hobby!

Those coffee pots will get you every time. [;)] I'm not a coffee drinker, but my DH would say it's worth it.

3. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

welcome from the left coast, you might have to make coffee the old fashioned way...it's not camping without morning coffee [;)]

4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy New Member

Welcome. It's worth it to turn off the heat for 10 minutes if it means good coffee!

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Welcome from Midway USA. We had a similar experience our first time out: started storming in the middle of the night.
    If you and you family enjoy your NTU camper half as much and DW and I have enjoyed our, you're going to have a heck of a good time! [:)C]