New Camping Accessory Purchases for 2010?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by shadet, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot New Member

Picking up a Weber 220 BabyQ tomorrow. Can't wait!

(We were supposed to be camping tomorrow but the forcast inches of rain and 100 km (60 mph) winds have cancled those plans) Me and the boys might be in camp driveway Saturday night though... woo hooo

2. mtn_bikers

mtn_bikers Northern NJ

French press doesn't require electricity, you can always make coffee with it [:D]

3. dschlosser

dschlosser Active Member

or I could always just camp next to you guys [:D]...

4. mtn_bikers

mtn_bikers Northern NJ

very true...we always have coffee, nectar of the gods [:D]

5. dgarbers

dgarbers New Member

I just got a VDC Electronics BatteryMinder model 12117 - it was on sale at Northern Tool.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200332201_200332201

This model provides a "fourth stage" mode that desulfates your battery. I just learned about sulfation - a major cause of battery failure, so this small item should really help keep our relatively new heafty pup battery in good condition for a long time.

6. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

Among the repairs/mods etc... I picked up a Coleman Pack Away Camp Kitchen new at walmart on closeout for $35 .

7. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Just got my extendable towing mirrors today!!
    I passed on the round convex option.
    [​IMG]

8. travler

travler New Member

New for us this year ... aussie folding charcoal grill, fire pit tools, and new air shocks for [TV].

9. pinecone

pinecone New Member

This week I ordered the new PopupGizmo model for super high wind.

On my wish list is solar panel charging system.

10. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

There is nothing else that we need. But, I'm sure DW will find some tacky lights [A]

11. Twisty

Twisty New Member

I ordered the Bal leveler and the wheel chock [8D]

12. NeedtoRoam

NeedtoRoam Colorfull Colorado

The DW says I have hit my limit and to stop! I have had the pup at my warehouse since Feb. 1st and have done and added a lot for this year. This is what I have added.

Installed a old 19" flat screen TV/Computer monitor on a swivel mount, folds to the ceiling when in tow.
    Removed the 12V battery and added 2-6 Volt batteries.
    Bought a new Honda 2000 generator/inverter.
    Bought a outdoor 9X12 mat for under the awning.
    Bought new anode rod for the hot water heater.
    Completely painted the metal frame and wheel wells.
    Rebuilt the ABS back cowling where the spare tire goes.
    Repaired the front storage lid.
    Just a one on thing left to be done without the DW knowing a new digital thermostat. I brought the pup home today. I have been working until 7 PM every night after work and she thinks I'm seeing another women by coming home so late everyday. She will enjoy some of the things, the other things just need to be done. We bought our pup about 1500.00 below book and if I sell it in the future I keep the Honda generator!
    We're going somewhere next weekend, I don't care where, just leaving and will have a great time!

13. jonnyspot

jonnyspot New Member

[​IMG]

we don't have an awning but we do have a EZ up type canopy (not sure of the size) but I bought these rope lights for $15 at WM made especially for a larger canopy...they went around the entire perimeter and then up into the 'dome'. These don't give off much light as I'd thought so I also got this LED tent light ($7) and attached it a chain and cup hook...it's only about 7' in diameter but packs a punch

14. wirogue

wirogue New Member

Storage and e-z up on my shopping list. Picked up like new Coleman stove at local Saturday night auction for $20. I suggest checking out your local auctions. Gems are sometimes hiding there.

15. TedandShelly

TedandShelly New Member

For us the newest must have this year for us was our pup... [:D] along with that, new sleeping bags a coleman stove, spare tire, doggie kennel for Brewster, and a couple of new tarps. Nothing spectacular but this will be our first time owning a pup and everything until now was borrowed or really old and made for tent camping.

16. Gumbias

Gumbias New Member

Well we went a bit crazy this year. I know I posted earlier on the topic but I now think I have gotten nearly everything on the need and wish list. The sale of our old camper helped to facilitate some of the purchases. To start we got the nu2us camper 2000 Coleman Bayside, Green bay packer ez up with walls, soft car top carrier, outdoor table, high pressure propane splitter, more tacky lights, clip on lights for ez up, 4 Kinetic flash lights, toaster/toaster oven (very cool), new entry carpet, new comfy chairs, Bal Leveler, Wayne RV stabilizer, Class 3 Valley Hitch, OEM 7pin plug, Valley break controller, electric flyswatter, leveling bubbles, tangent towel rack, Portable AC, Trailer Tongue and hitch lock, New sheets for the bigger beds. I think that is everything. We should be set for a while. Guess if you can’t camp buy stuff for camping. We are all in now.

17. robpedersen

robpedersen Member

Just ordered my BAL Leveler...read so much about it...had to get it. May 15th will be my first trip....can't wait!!

[:D]

18. Bearikens

Bearikens Starlight and firelight ... lighting my way

I picked up a new water filter and grease for my grease gun to repack the bearings. Almost ready for the season...especially now that the weather is finally cooperating.

19. IV Nurse

IV Nurse New Member

I was supposed to be done, but....I needed new popup gizmos and got a great deal on the new Super High Wind models. They should be arriving any day. Was in Target today and found a bean bag toss game on clearance and I got some new melamie plates and tumblers.

20. jbarz73

jbarz73 New Member

Well, I broke down and bought a grease gun so I can lube the lift system. It seems easy enough for me to do, so I'll give it a try.

Now if I could find some sort of cover to keep all the dirt off the zerks under the trailer. It sure gets dirty down there with all the dirt roads we take! [:(O]