New curtains for the PopUp!

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by SuperRomanGoddess, Jun 6, 2012.

1. SuperRomanGoddess

SuperRomanGoddess New Member

Going to be making BRAND SPANKING NEW curtains for our new (New to us!) Jayco. I've been thinking, what do you guys think the best kind of material would be? And does anyone know where I can cheaply get those clips?
    Thx!!:) [:D] [:D] [:D] [CP] [PU]

2. Lauren5280

Lauren5280 Member

I just made some new curtains for our PUP and I couldn't be happier. I didn't use inexpensive material so I'm no help there but I was able to re-use the existing hardware.

Have fun making them! I know I did!

3. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

I recently did mine, too, and used the existing clips as well.

Kells51980 likes this.
  4. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

I made drapes too...I purchased the glide tape (it has the clips attached) at Camping World for $6.99 a box....I was able to use 1 box for 2 panels. will post pics after our next trip...the PUP is in the garage until then [:(] I bought the thermal panel curtains from Home Depot in a nutmeg color...one panel will make 2 drapes for the PUP. The panels were 19.99 each. For the bunkends, I "borrowed" an idea from another PUP portal person and used some black spiderweb fabric instead of lace or mesh for the upper part of the bunkends panels. DH and I didn't care for the valance look so I hung all the drapes from the valance tracks...so the curtains go from the ceiling to the right length. I used the old drapes as a partial pattern while doing my measurements. have fun...it makes a world of difference! [:D]

Mamie likes this.
  5. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

forgot to mention...the thermal material was light enough for the PUP but really helps keep the heat out...we also you thermal curtains in our home and it really cuts down the heat....you might want to check the outdoor material section in a fabric store...Camping World sells drape accesories online as well if you don't have one locally.

6. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Pics please everyone! I'm trying to get motivated here! [:D]

7. Lauren5280

Lauren5280 Member

LOL I'll try to post some this weekend :) It really makes a huge difference. When I had the stock curtains I counted the number of "patterns" in the pup and there were 5 different types of material/patterns in there. Now that I am starting to get some of these projects done it's far less "busy" in there.

8. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

[​IMG]
    curtain tabs from ebay, curtains are eclipse darkening from walmart and mesh is drawer liner. [8D]

9. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Very nice! I can't stand the Coleman weirdo pattern we have in our pup. DH doesn't mind it, but he's a guy... [;)] I'd love to get rid of the valences (who needs a valence?) and brighten up the interior. I want it to be bright and cheerful, a place you want to hang out. Figure that way when it rains or the weather doesn't cooperate, you at least feel good being inside! :)

10. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

FMBCamper...you did a great job!!! really like your color choices!!

11. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

Here's a pic or two of mine that I did....
    redid cushions coverings, curtains, valence and privacy curtains.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Nice job

13. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

@TracySues...love the stripes...how hard was it to recover the cushions? did u put in zippers or velcro? ...can't wait to take the pics to show my curtains... [A]

14. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I wish I had someone with that talent in my family ..... took me a hour to fix one little valance and I have four more larger ones to go.

15. Stardust_8

Stardust_8 New Member

These all look great!

16. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

Halloweenfreak.... I made a "sleeve" to go over the cushions, sewn on three sides, Velcro on the fourth...an end. I can slide it off and on like a pillow case for cleaning. I even left the original material on the foam as well, just for extra durability.

17. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

TracySues...that's exactly how I am going to as well...I can't imagine putting in zippers!!! Also I'm trying to lay out a pattern for bunkend storage for my daughter...similar to the hanging pantrys. We leave on this coming Sat. for a week long vaca in the PUP. Will take lots of pics.

18. Lauren5280

Lauren5280 Member

Don't be intimidated by zippers. They are actually quite easy to sew in. Just tack them down by hand prior to sewing so they stay exactly where you want them. Also, move the actual zipper handle out of the way while you're sewing so you don't "go around" them. If you search on Youtube you'll find some great videos.

19. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

Thank you Lauren...I will do a test zipper on the type of material I would like to use and see what happens...I would like to replace some of the foam cushions now I might be able to!!

20. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Hopefully this will help some people who have JoAnn Fabrics near them. Usually by the cash counter they have a JoAnn magazine that they offer for like four or five dollars. If you look in the magazine you will always find at least one coupon for 50% off one item. This would definitely come in handy for upholstery fabric or if you have to purchase new foam for your cushions. Buy one big piece and cut it yourself but you will have tremendous savings.

Additionally if you have a Hobby Lobby near you a lot of the time on their website have a coupon for 40% off one item not already on sale, again if you buy a large size of fabric or foam and cut it yourself you will find awesome savings.