New curtains for the PopUp!

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by SuperRomanGoddess, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

And if you don't have the coupon in hand you can look it up on your smartphone and use it.

2. Lauren5280

Lauren5280 Member

I took some pictures of mine this weekend. The valances are not yet up so they aren't complete but it will give you an idea to get started with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you have any questions :)

3. sidepockettroy

sidepockettroy Member

my wife found fabric at Fabric Depot(in portland, OR ) but any fabric store will have stuff for curtains.

they used the route 66 fabric and some blue fabric for the track tape part. i think she folded the blue over once then sewed it to the route 66 fabric. since the store didn't have enough 66 fabric we bought more of the blue and made the bunkends blue and the windows 66

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

Well here are some pics (I'm hoping I used Flickr correctly) of the new curtains

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of DH with the old yucky pink drapery

[​IMG]

5. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

6. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

I can't imagine why you would want to get rid of those link drapes :p. I love the colors you picked and the mesh fabric. Looks great!

7. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

very cool spider mesh HalloweenFreak [8D]

8. HalloweenFreak

HalloweenFreak Member

Thanks Ryoukoe and fmbhappycamper!!! Trying to convince the DH to let me have pumpkin orange cabinetry when he remodels the cabinets...LOL :)

9. packofwises

packofwises New Member

Does anyone use tension rod for curtains? will they work?

10. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

Tension rods?? from side to side or front to back ?
    I tried them and it didn't work for me.. I use bungee cords now.

11. CJohns

CJohns New Member

My DW recently replaced all the curtains in our PUP. We bought black curtain rods with curtain rod brackets (http://www.biglots.com/search/product/898). We loosened the railing that held the old curtains and the tarp in place and slipped the brackets behind the railings before re-tightening. We used these curtains http://www.biglots.com/search/product/8101 on the driver side large window and by the curb bench seat medium window. Had to hem up the curtains but was easy to do. Then we used two inexpensive tapastries DW bought on a long ago trip to South Africa for the privacy curtains which added some color. We used http://www.biglots.com/search/product/8090 to hang the tapastries from the rods.

5 curtain rods x $8 = $40 (used 2 rods for large window)
    2 curtain sets x $14 = $28
    1 set of clip rings x $8 = $8

So around $76 for new curtains. Might have been cheaper if we had bought our own fabric but I'm very happy with the ease of installing/removing curtains and the looks.

12. Wildwoodflower77

Wildwoodflower77 Member

Cjohns...what size box do you have? Were the curtains sold as a pair for $14.00? I have an almost 17' box so trying for new room darkening curtains in the color I want in the most economical way possible. Thanks! :)

13. CJohns

CJohns New Member

We have a 16' box and yes, the curtains were sold in a pair. We ended up using one curtain for the medium curb side window and 3 curtains for the big drivers side window. I used two curtain rods for the big window. On each curtain rod, there is a small diameter rod that slides into a big diameter rod. I took the decorative end off of the big diameter rod so had a hollow rod. Next, I took two small diameter rods and slid them into each end of the big hollow rod so made one extra long curtain rod. We hung 3 curtains from it and it eliminated the gaps we had from using two separate curtain rods on that window.

On the medium curb side window, one curtain was a bit too narrow to cover the whole window. We needed to shorten the curtain anyway so we took the fabric that was cut off and sewed it to the sides of the curtain to make it wide enough to cover the whole window. Looks pretty good and you can't even see the seam unless your really looking.

Wish I had pictures as I was very impressed with DW's creativity.

Cory

14. ezkoher

ezkoher New Member

I just recently purchased a 73 StarCraft PUP. I paid close to nothing for it, she had a new canvas, but no cushions, no curtains, and horrible wood colored but not wood cabinets. She looked hideous [:(O] I just finished making the curtains. I used Stitch Witchery, and $5 flat sheets from Walmart. And I must say, they look pretty darn good! [:D] I have spent a total of $36 for 236" of curtains! [8D] If anyone is interested, I plan on taking pics this weekend of final piece, and would be more than willing to post some pics!

15. Run.Hike.Camp

Run.Hike.Camp New Member

I would enjoy seeing you pics. I am getting ideas to remove/reuse/update our current curtains.

16. krinen

krinen Real Women Camp

I hate the brown of my camper, and am going to redo in retro-glampy country pinks, greens and blues. I found some sheets at goodwill to use as inspiration.

17. sidepockettroy

sidepockettroy Member

i'd love to see pics!!!! we have a '78 starcraft swinger!! look at this post to see my curtains my wife made!! and some before and after pics

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=50258.msg385714#msg385714

Trina King likes this.
  18. vir9inia

vir9inia New Member

Awesome ideas, thank you for posting!!

19. tonyandrett

tonyandrett Camping in Corn Country and Beyond!

I'm new here! Thank you SO much for this post! Within ten minutes of getting our Taos home, I threw away the valances. I washed all of the curtains, but I want new curtains and cushion covers! You have helped me figure out how to do that!

Thank you!

[PU]

20. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

I"m just finishing making new curtains for my pup. I bought curtains with light darkening backing on sale at Meijer. I bought 42" wide panels, 84" in length. Once I cut the window panels to length, I had the perfect amount remaining to use for the bunkends. I took the old bunkend curtains and cut the netting off, just below the bottom seam. (I cut leaving approximately 1/2 inch of the old material, thus giving me enough to sew the new panel onto it.) This way, I did not have to redo the clips at all.

All my windows and bunks needed extra material sewn on to the panels for width, that was pretty simple. For the window panel top seams, I cut a piece of stabilizer fabric (ask for it at your fabric store) approximately 2" wide. I inserted one end of this into my 1/2" seam. Then I made my marks where I wanted the clips and handsewed them onto the stabilizer material. When all the clips were done, I sewed another seam at the bottom of the stabilizer strip securing it. Very easy! Total cost: $54! :)