New Cushion Covers

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Ryoukoe, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

I am not sure if this is the place to post this or not but I will give it a go.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in having someone sew new cushion covers for them at a reasonable price. How it would work would be that you would purchase the fabric of your choice, measure out the WxLxH of each cushion you want redone and send it to me. I would then sew the cushion covers using velcro instead of a zipper and send them back to you. I would charge $15 per cushion which would include the velcro and sewing supplies needed, I would offer a discounted rate if a lot of cushions were involved.

I have a lot of experience when it comes to sewing these types of things and can do quick work. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

2. salsa

salsa Member

That is a great deal. I have been wanting to get some remade locally, and they usually cater to the yacht crowd. Needless to say my plans were put off until now...

3. Champrock

Champrock New Member

I am very interested! What type of fabric is best?

4. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

You do very nice work. And the price is reasonable. Good luck in your venture.

Sharon

5. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Champrock- the best type of fabric is upholstery fabric which you can buy at any fabric store. Additionally there is upholster fabric that is used for outdoors and has UV protection so it doesn't fade. Even regular fabric can be used but the two above I mentioned will probabaly last longer and the outdoor fabric will also probably be water proof for added benefit.

6. LISA1969

LISA1969 New Member

me too im interested. where to go for fabric?

7. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Depending on your area you can purchase fabric at Hobby Lobby, Walmart, and Jo Ann Fabrics. Any place you can buy fabric will probably have upholstery fabric too.

8. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

Folks, this is just me talking here, but if you're looking for slip covers for your cushions, you can't beat the price of this deal. I'd jump on it with both feet, just as hard as I could.

Nice gesture, Ryoukoe. Way to go!

9. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Thanks! I have had quite a few people interested so far but no one yet has "pulled the trigger". I enjoy sewing alot and cannot wait to do cushions, new curtains and valances for my popup as well :).

10. CitaPita

CitaPita New Member

I am really excited seeing this! The uphostery in our PUP isn't all that ugly, but it has a few tears in it that I'm waiting for my dog to find and have fun with. [}:)]

I'll talk to DH about this tonight. :) How much yardage would you think we'd need for 10 cushions? (Average, Dinette size ones.) Just wanted to estimate costs for fabric + sewing.

Thank you for offering this!

11. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

I am not sure as to the size of your cushions so unfortunately I could not give you an estimate without knowing sizes concerning fabric. If you sent me that info I could write something up for you. There are lots of coupons through JoAnn Fabrics and Hobby Lobby that can help offset the cost of the upholstery fabric that is needed.

12. CitaPita

CitaPita New Member

That makes sense! We're camping over the weekend, so I'll make sure to bring a tape measure so we can figure out the size. (Or, maybe tonight if we pop-up to pack.) Thanks!

13. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

Also at Joanns, you can watch the clearance fabric, they have a lot of upholstery fabric that runs about $6 a yard and then they have a 50% off clearance sale So it comes out to $3 a yard. I did all my kitchen chairs this way.

You could stock up on a good sale, and then offer from those choice of fabrics.

Sharon

14. towens1991

towens1991 New Member

THAT IS AN AMAZING DEAL!!! you are really talented and your work looks great! I suspect you will be getting llots of new business very soon :)

15. Wildwoodflower77

Wildwoodflower77 Member

I just sent you our measurements. Can't wait to hear back from you and get the ball rolling! Thanks so much for offering this service! :)

16. fletcherfam

fletcherfam New Member

Could you do bed mattresses covers as well?

17. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Sure! If you send me measurements I can let you know how much fabric is needed. Due to the normal size of mattresses there will be some extra seams because normal upholstery fabric is only 56" wide.

18. saratogaowner

saratogaowner New Member

i will have to measure mine i want to replace all the covers in my saratoga including the beds i was thinking of putting vinyl over the wood under the bed cushions so i could flip the cushions over if they got stained what do you think?

19. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

I know with some cushions there is like a plastic or something placed on the bottom but personally when I make them I cover the entire cushion in fabric. If you felt like putting some sort of vinyl underneath them to make sure the material doesn't get snagged in the wood I think that could be a good idea. Hopefully that answers your question?