New Feature

LilRed

Super Active Member
Jan 9, 2021
Long Island NY
I'm trying out some other options for using these TOOL-TIPS.

Example:
BAL

This one would give a description and a link to the product.
Mobile brings you to the site, nothing for tooltip (and agree it likely never will be there). I would rather not be flooded with ‘sponsored’ links this way, but understand you do have bills to pay. Is there a way to remove the tooltip underline/link on a mobile rendition?

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Yes, thanks. I see the same thing. But what I'm talking about is that it does not show the TOOL-TIP on a mobile device.

On a desktop/laptop you see the following:
Tool-Tip.jpg

Reactions: NLB

LilRed

Super Active Member
Jan 9, 2021
Long Island NY
@LilRed, It's not for "sponsored" links. It's for informational purposes. PUP gets no payment from these links. But if you would like to donate to the site, here's the link: https://www.popupportal.com/account/upgrades
Totally understand the current thought process and ways to support. I meant only as constructive feedback, the site has a great vibe and want to keep that too.

My short vote is to keep automated keywords inhouse, not use external urls, else it can lead to a click-for-profit feel.

theseus

Living the Darkside...
Silver Supporting Member
Feb 6, 2007
Centerville, OH
Totally understand the current thought process and ways to support. I meant only as constructive feedback, the site has a great vibe and want to keep that too.

My short vote is to keep automated keywords inhouse, not use external urls, else it can lead to a click-for-profit feel.
I sort of agree with you. However there are certain products like PUGS that are really specific and without a link or explanation, a newbie wouldn’t get. I’d rather have the link.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
If within a post, someone said they use Anderson, is that Anderson Windows, Anderson Levelers, or what? You and I may know what they're talking about but someone who just bought their first camper last week may not. So a TOOL-TIP with a quick explanation and a link to the manufacture's website would be helpful. Now I can't do them all from the get-go, it will be an on going process.

TSQ

Mar 28, 2021
Niagara Region, ON
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
IIRC - If I Recall Correctly

Ninja'd - When someone posts a reply while you are busy typing out your own (similar) reply

edit: IMHO and IIRC may already be done?
edit2: yes, looks like they are.

Arruba

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 28, 2014
Central Oregon
FWIW, the green highlight shows up on my IPAD, but I can’t touch on the highlight and get a cursor. As I understand it, I should get a cursor and then get a defination. Currently, no cursor=no definition.

On the other hand, it certainly could be just me.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Nope, not just you, the definitions don't show on mobile devices. I ask the developer and he says it does but I have yet to see it.

Apr 17, 2022
I finally found an add-on for the forum software which allows me to build a proper acronym database which will automatically display a definition when you place your cursor over the acronym. You don't need to do anything extra when entering your new thread or post. The system will automatically insert the proper description. It will even do this in old post throughout the website.

Example: My DW backed the TV into a tree at the CG. [LOL]

Now if move your cursor over each or the acronyms above, you'll see a TOOL-TIP definition for each.

It will take me a bit to populate the database but because of the work of members like @WrkrBee, a lot are already in a few existing threads. I just have to harvest the information and put it into the proper format to import it into the new database.
This feature doesn’t work on my phone. Is there an acronym list anywhere?

TSQ

Mar 28, 2021
Niagara Region, ON
SOC - State Of Charge - % battery capacity remaining
LFP - Lithium (Li) Iron (Fe) Phosphate (PO₄) - a common type of lithium ion battery used to replace lead acid batteries in camping trailers

Latest posts