New flooring

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Ralpert, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ralpert

Ralpert New Member

The original vinyl flooring is getting kind of nasty. I have a bunch of extra laminate flooring. Any reason why I shouldn't use it in the pup?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

As long as it doesn't get abnormally wet, I think it would be fine.

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

It's been done, so there's no real reason not to go ahead and try it. You've already got it, so it's not like you'll have to drop any extra cash on it. Like Ray said, just don't let it get too wet.

I'd definitely look into gluing it down though. Talk to someone in a flooring store to see what they recommend.

4. 3sons

3sons Only good at Drinking Beer

I recently put the peel and stick tiles in my coachmen clipper. I have been on two trips now with it and it has not came up or anyting. If you want to see some pictures of mine search coachmen clipper new floor.Good luck and happy camping!!

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

i got a extra peice of vinal flooring from my kitchen just wondering if i could glue down on old existing just thinking it may be alittle thick in the doorway.

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We put peel and stick vinyl over the old flooring in our previous pup. We were able to slide it under the edge of the benches, and did not have to worry about cupboard door clearances, since we did not reinstall doors at renovation. We scrubbed the old vinyl very well before installing the new. It stayed pretty well over the 2 seasons we used it, though we had one place that tile just did not stay put. It was under the table, so out of the way.

As has been said, some people have put laminate in, but you will need to check clearances with your specific laminate, for any cupboard doors. In our current pup, we have an issue clearing a throw rug with one door, I would imagine laminate flooring would be the same.
    It seems to have worked for some, but YMMV. Most pups are exposed to a wide variety of temperatures and humidity levels, not to mention the bumps and vibrations of driving to and from campgrounds, so any flooring gets more stress (not counting foot traffic) than installed in a home.