New from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SteveJ32, Aug 17, 2013.

1. SteveJ32

SteveJ32 New Member

Just bought a new to me 1997 Rockwood Premier 1908, very good condition with u shaped dinnette and the standard booth dinnette, which were the 2 requirements on my search for a pop up. I am a first time owner, always wanted a pop up. My friends do an annual camping trip and we were the only ones still camping in a tent, theres 3 to 4 couples. Anyways my wife has always talked about getting a pop up also, so i have been searching craigslist daily, emailed a couple people that had good deals but they would email the next day saying they just sold it. Then i found this one listed under the nearby section saw it had been on craigslist a week, so I emailed them scheduled a time to look at it friday and they said yes.

So far so good right, then i get an email saying will be out of town, but my cousin can show it to you. I was a little skeptical, so I replied ok make sure he has the title and keys, etc. So we show up, like what we see but as with anything used the roof handle was broke some screws for some of the tabs needed to be tightened down and the faucet was broke needed to be replaced. Nothing to major, but I was still looking to talk him down a little, and of course he says well I have to call them. Of course he couldn't get a hold of anybody so we are waiting for a call back, and I ask him about the awning, because it was not out. He says oh ya its in good shape, the poles are in the camper, he digs around in the camper and then says oh ya it comes with this screened in porch. So he finally gets a call back and the wife of owner says nope price is firm, I think well i just scored a screened in porch for awning i guess thats worth close to $200 so I said ill take.

Then the fun begins, and I say can you show me how to take down pop up? Guy says sure let me go find the title and keys, 20 minutes later, heres the title, can't find the keys. Alright, needless to say I have watched a couple videos on how to take down a pop up, so I ended up showing and telling him how to take down the pop up and finally I own a pop up and now get to make it my own.

Also I added a picture to check out my rig, wasn't having any luck adding the picture to this post.
    Thanks for reading,

Steve

2. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

Congrats on the new pup and glad the deal worked out!

Oh, and welcome from Mid Michigan!

3. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

Congratulations! Looks like a nice pup. Many years of happy camping to you and your family

4. bondo54

bondo54 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Southern Michigan. (Jackson County)

Great Looking pop up.

5. Blue2

Blue2 I teach them how to light fires, safely.

Welcome from the west coast... Holland area here. Congrats on scoring the screen room! Hope you have many happy trips!

6. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Welcome from Rochester!
    Nice looking unit, congratulations.

7. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Looks great! congratulations!

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

[:D] Welcome from Connecticut, happy and safe camping, enjoy and have fun. Glad you stopped by PopUpPortal. [CP]

9. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Hello from Pennsylvania. Welcome to the site. Very nice looking PUP.

10. bropaul

bropaul New Member

Welcome to the Portal from Royal Oak! Congratulations on your NTU pup... it looks great!

We have a very active group of Portal members in MI and surrounding states. You should consider looking into the rally threads, we have a lot of fun when we get together.

Happy camping,
    Diane