new from Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jas77450, Jul 23, 2014.

1. JeffC

JeffC New Member

Welcome from Tacoma Washington! Good luck with your search!

2. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Welcome back. [emoji4] Glad you made it out stronger than ever.

My phone did this using Tapatalk

3. jas77450

jas77450 New Member

It's official, have a ntu 08 fleetwood Utah...wish it would stop raining so I can use it. Have a lot to learn. Got new tires and replaced 1 wheel bearing and got them packed. I did know to do this from lurking here, you all are great.
    Since I didn't know anything I took it to a shop that inspected it and all the systems. They gave me a walk through and showed me how to work everything...of coarse I have forgotten most of it. I did ask them to lube the crank system and was told it didn't need it. From what I have read, that is not the case. Does anyone near Katy TX have any advice/ suggestions on where to go for this? We have a camping world down the road but when I went there to look at pop ups they were too lazy to fully open it so I could see it, wasn't impressed.
    I m sure a will have lots of questions.
    Thanks for accepting me!

4. sallugo

sallugo Member

Welcome from DFW TX!

2014 Flagstaff Mac 228D
    2004 Ford Expedition 5.4L 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

I'd try calling Toppers RV. Don't know if they service other brands, but they sell some PUPs including one on the showroom floor.

6. Shaumarie

Shaumarie New Member

Welcome from Denton, Texas! Don't lose hope on finding the right PUP for you. It was 8 months of searching before I found the right one for me and the boyfriend. Loving it and you will too!

7. jas77450

jas77450 New Member

I will check Toppers, thanks Adrian.
    Sham wow, I now have a Fleetwood Utah, I drove 4 hours to Argyle, outside of Denton to get it.

8. betancourtfamily6

betancourtfamily6 New Member

Welcome from Washington State.. good luck in your search...

9. LadyWolf

LadyWolf Member

Howdy and welcome from NW of Houston! :)
    Topper's and Lone Star RV might work on your camper. It can't hurt to call them. To the best of my knowledge, they're the only RV dealers in the greater Houston area that actually have pop-ups - well Camping World does, but they're never opened up and they didn't want to to open them when we were looking there. They almost seemed offended we asked.

I hear you on the rain - I hope you didn't get flooded. I know most (if not all) of the state parks that are fairly close by are closed with the exception of maybe Galveston SP.

Anyway, welcome and hope everything is going better for you now.

10. aschumann

aschumann Get OUTSIDE!!

Welcome from Waller texas. We have a fleetwood Williamsburg. It's the same base with a slightly different layout. I am pretty handy and have done quite a few mods with ours. I have inspected the cables from lying under the pup. Feel free t ask as many questions as you want on here. That's what we are all here for to help each other and camp!!

2007 Fleetwood Williamsburg
    2003 Ford Expedition

11. jas77450

jas77450 New Member

Thanks again for all the friendly welcomes!

LadyWolf,
    Had the same experience at Camping world...seemed put out to open them up, even told me I needed to be sure I was going to buy if they were going to open it up.
    No, we didn't flood here.

I didn't know the campgrounds closed, thanks.

Where is your favorite local campground?

aschumann,

We almost have the same setup. Thank you for the offer to help. I will probably need it.

12. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

Interesting the vast differences that you two have had with CW vs what DW and I had. We went in one day a few years ago (probably around 2011 or so), middle of summer so very hot outside, and right before closing time. Not many people around the place. Salesman approached us while we were climbing in and around a fully set up PUP on their showroom floor. We discussed it with him for a bit and expressed a desire to see what the setup process was. He said they had just gotten in a few models and they were out on the lot still closed up. We went out there and fumbled around a bit trying to find the various cranks and figure it out as we went along, but we got it up (more or less). He was more than happy to help us that day. He skirted the question about the cost of it and just gave ballpark figures, but they didn't have one with a toilet, so we didn't purchase one there.

For a campground local to Katy, SFA SP is pretty nice. Went to Palmetto SP earlier this year and it was beautiful. If you go there, try for site #19. You'll see why.

13. jas77450

jas77450 New Member

Adrian,
    They had 3 at the time, 2014. They reluctantly opened 1 but only partially. I guess it depends on the individual salesman.

Thanks for the tips on the campgrounds. I will definatley try them both!

We are going out of town Father's Day but then have my first trip on 4 th of July. I will be meeting my family to camp on the beach at Padre Island. I am nervous as I am going solo. Trying to get what I need, get pup ready. After that I will try these...provided I/pup survive.

14. carey3782

carey3782 New Member

Double Lake Recreation Area in Coldspring is one of our favorite local campgrounds. :)

15. jas77450

jas77450 New Member

thanks Carey, I'll check it out.