New Hampshire 2021 White Mountains Rally *** NEW DATE JULY 9-11, 2021***

Discussion in 'Rallies Being Planned' started by nhcaveman, Oct 18, 2020.

There are 3 areas that would be good for rally, please look at the pics below and choose 1.

Poll closed Jan 1, 2021.
  1. Pond Sites

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Georges Run

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pirates Point

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

The linked pictures show an error that I don't have permissions to view them.

2. JunkyBurrittos

JunkyBurrittos Active Member

3. JimmyM

From the google maps satellite view, it looks like there are wooded sites

4. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

I plan to come a day early myself.

I would say by phone but I'll see if I can get an email, or better phone number. If you click on the map and open it up, follow all the way to the end of Pirates Point, the sites along the river and the site circling around the end, sites PP 1-12 are field sites but there is some shade along the river as well. The sites on the other side sites PP 14-18 are wooded sites.

Tell them you'd like a site at Pirates Point either riverside, or wooded, or give them a desired site number. It is important to let them know you want a site at Pirates Point, as the numbers repeat in different areas. For example when I come for the music festival my site Pond Sites 15, but there is also a site 15 at Pirates Point.
    Anybody requiring electricity the sites at Oak Stand have basically no shade.

There are no flush toilets, we had a Thetford flush toilet and a shower tent for years when we were in the popup. A lot of these folks have hybrids and travel trailers now, and so are self contained.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  5. JunkyBurrittos

Thank you. So there are definitely dump stations on site? Also I just have to make sure I can get fresh water on my way in because I can't tow with full tanks.

Is road noise an issue with any of the sites? It looks like the river sites are also closer to the highways. Do you think site selection makes a difference?

Also as Jimmy mentioned we can't see your pics. I think you have to reset your privacy settings on those. Thank you!

6. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Yes, there are 2 dump stations there, in fact last June after camping at Russell Pond in the WNNF we stopped there to use the dump station, I had called the week before and asked. There are hoses in the area where the dump stations are, I think there is a separate water hose labeled fresh water.

I don't believe we're actually anywhere close to the highway, but I have always been either in the Pond Sites, or the sites right behind the pond. But I have spent time at the river and don't recall road noise, it's kind of peaceful.

Okay, so I've had difficulty with pictures myself, if someone could explain exactly how to do so, I'll do it tonight when I get home.

7. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Let me know if you can see the pictures now, I think I fixed it.

8. JimmyM

Yup. I can see them now. Thanks.

9. JunkyBurrittos

FYI I called last week to confirm the fresh water situation and make a reservation but the number you provided is the restaurant, open only over the weekend. I expected someone would have called me back on the weekend but that didn't happen. Are the campground and restaurant owned by the same people? Is there a better number? Thanks so much!

10. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Yes, that's the right number, this is from an email I just received today:

"please call 603 726 3867 and leave message. WE will call you back."

The Benton family are a very old school Thornton family, well respected in the community, very good people, they own a Maple Sugar business, the restaurant, yes open only on the weekends for breakfast, the campground, driving range, and festival grounds are all across the street. They have other businesses as well. The family members all live right in the general area. Again, they are an old school family, their reservation system is basically a pencil and notebook, they will take your credit card for payment though. My advice is be patient, they'll call you back, probably Brad. Consider this, the email response I got today, was a reply to an email I sent last Wednesday, folks are a bit more lad back then most of us. I'm calling tomorrow if I remember, I meant to call today.

11. JunkyBurrittos

No worries, there's plenty of time. You had just mentioned that there might be another number and knowing me, I'll totally forget about this and realize a week before the rally that I didn't actually ever make a reservation. I'll let this run its natural course.