new here and new popup illinois

homan1

Apr 19, 2015
Hello everyone. My husband and I just put a deposit on a palomino 12dd this weekend. We are excited and scared at the same time. I myself grew up in a 1971 starcraft popup with my five brothers. Some of the best childhood memories were had in our pop up. My husband and have been married 17 and have camper once together. Yes we are nuts going all in, but we want our little ones to enjoy the outdoors and have the great memories I have. Looking forward to meeting new people here and learning even we are going to need to know.

cztardust

Super Active Member
May 29, 2013
Good to see you found the Portal! A lot of great info here on anything for your pup and a great place to meet other enthusiasts!
Wherever you are in Illinois, there are plenty of rallies scheduled all throughout the season. I'm organizing one at the Indiana Dunes SP on the Sept 11th weekend, it'd be great to see you out there to join us for the camp-out!
http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=82011.0
IndianaDunes093-StatePark-MultiView-Circa1960-SS.jpg

homan1

Apr 19, 2015
Thank you for the invite and reply. We are really thinking about meeting up with you guys in September. Went to indiana dunes as a child and loved it. Looking forward to meeting new people. :)

exploreco

Super Active Member
Jun 20, 2013
Central, IL
Welcome from central IL! There is a spring rally at the end of May planned just north of Champaign. They are always a great time. Check it out in the rally threads.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

homan1

Apr 19, 2015
harleyvet02 said:
Welcome,
We are from Illinois too. Just got our first N2U 1996 Starcraft last night.

George
We are still waiting on bank to get back to us. Put our down payment on a palomino 2013 12dd. You are just down the road from us. We are in macomb. Getting excited to start this Journey with our little ones. Maybe we will see you at the rally at the end of May.

exploreco

Super Active Member
Jun 20, 2013
Central, IL
homan1 said:
We are still waiting on bank to get back to us. Put our down payment on a palomino 2013 12dd. You are just down the road from us. We are in macomb. Getting excited to start this Journey with our little ones. Maybe we will see you at the rally at the end of May.
Looking forward to it. Our little one enjoys all of the kids and there are all age range. Ours is 4. Good luck with the camper :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

homan1

Apr 19, 2015
Wow there are a lot of people on here from illinois. I know you guys are the ones I will be asking about the best camp grounds in illinois. Going to try and camping in illinois a lot this summer. Husbands job makes it hard to go to far from area, but this will give us practice for a long trip later. :) excited to meet everyone and get tips.