New HTT's at RVOne in FL

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, Mar 31, 2014.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

For anyone looking into the floor layout of the different Roo's and Jayco RVOne in Orlando and Tampa have 5 or more in stock at each location (at least they did last week).
    Looked at both the 233S and 23IKS. First time we could compare them side by side.
    I know when we were looking we had to buy w/out ever seeing the actual camper. So thought I would share.

2. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

If I go to RVone, I get a very nice picture of Mr Don Strollo, and Mark Strollo, and Matt Strollo. What struck me as strange was RVones locations. They seemed a little familiar.
    http://rvone.com/

So I went to RV Direct and guess who is on the video? Mr Don Strollo? RVOne and RV direct are one in the same?
    http://www.rvdirect.com/whoweare.asp

Actually it says RV direct is an RVone dealer? How many names do you need to sell trailers?

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

That sir would depend on how badly you screw your customers and how many of them you give the royal treatment to without lube. The higher those numbers are the more names you need to sell under. It sounds like these folks have some pretty good numbers.

4. cfmx

cfmx New Member

It's a very confusing company. I know I order my camper from RVDirect.

RVOne is what they are using at the shows. At least at the Tampa Show.
    Orlando RV Direct (http://www.orlandorvdirect.com/index.php/stockmodels/sortby/location) is the Orlando location
    Tampa RV One (http://www.tamparvone.com/index.php/stockmodels/sortby/location) is the Tampa location

I'm not recommending either just thought if anyone lived near by they seem to have a good selection of Roo's and Jayco's in stock. I always like to look. :)

5. RockyRoo

Agreed, you aren't recommending them to buy from. I would never buy from RVW but I went there several times to see their stock of 233s' because they were the only ones that had them. Nothing wrong with using their stock to look.

6. campermom

campermom Member

I purchased my PUP from Orlando RV (same company). The after service is TERRIBLE and they do NOT back what they sell OR do they keep the promises made to fix things discovered at delivery. Even if it was a used PUP I was still a customer and I did not appreciate that.
    But all is well now THANKS to amazing fellow campers and lots of help from here. Just beware if you actually purchase form them. That is just my [2C]

7. cfmx

cfmx New Member

campermom - Sorry to hear that. I have to say so far my experience with them has been far from award winning. We are setup for second time to our PDI this Thursday. Not sure if I should be happy or concerned. [:(]

8. TCon

TCon New Member

We bought our pup from orlando rv,,,And I personally will never do business with the Strollo brothers again no matter what price they gave me..They are true liers and scammers...I will never step foot in any of there facilities or visit them at the rv shows.....They may have the best prices, but in the end its not worth it....trust me you will be sorry look elsewhere....

9. Jayko

Jayko Jayco 141J aka Big Bertha

When is the last time you walked into a clothing store or a grocery store and haggled over a price?

Often I see posts about how someone got screwed at a dealership. I suspect it is generally because they did not get the price they were hoping for.

Why os it assumed that if there is a price on a washing machine, we pay to, but a car or a camper, we haggle, and if a dealer does not give us a low ball price, he is a snake oil salesman?

Seems a double standard

10. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

I wouldn't assume it was due to price... I know for us, our HTT purchase, while the cheapest I had seen this model go for, was a nightmare. Bad dealers are bad dealers, not always due to price. I'd have rather spent another $3,000 than deal with the BS VT dealer that I dealt with, and am still "paying for"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. campermom

campermom Member

My bad deal had nothing to do with price. It was the lack of honesty and the total lack of concern after they had my money. I paid what I felt was a fair price and I did not haggle for it. Yes, I paid what they asked. They are just a bunch of creeps

12. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Do not get in a rush at the PDI. Check everything and check it twice. Make them fill all the tanks 100% full and make them let you operate the dump valves etc. I would go over every inch of tent seam and check the sewing, check all the screening on the tent ends. Make sure the front jack and spare tire cover are not rubbing against the bunk doors when they are open.

I know I said this in another post, but getting an issue resolved is going to be harder after you take it off the lot. It sounds like even more so with these guys.

Good Luck tomorrow and hope all go's well for you.

13. RockyRoo

And if you can take 2 full size adults with you to lay on the beds when open because the 233S is notorious for having the spare tire cover AND power tongue jack make contact with the bunk ends when someone is on them. 3 jacks later and I finally have one that doesnt touch and the factory sent me a different spare tire mount that is shorter as well

14. cfmx

cfmx New Member

RockyRoo - I did not know that about the front and back bunk. We will check that out. Thanks.
    Any other suggestions?? Keep them rolling we need all the help we can. Anyone live near by. ;)
    I almost want to just drive my van up because I have a feeling it wont be coming home. Save some gas money.
    We are going to go over this thing w/ a fine tooth comb. Have all my stuff ready. (Hybrid PDI checklist, flashlight, pencil, paper, measuring tape, tire pressure guage, WDH, tag, paperwork with all the options we opted for). Only thing I don't have a ladder. Do you think they will let us use their ladder or is that too much of a liability? Anyone know how we can tell if we really got the larger 15k AC unit?? Will the registration card have a model/serial number?
    Called them today to verify the camper is ready and the key issue has been resolved. I was told it was and camper is ready. Yet when I told them we thought it look like the bunk seals might be broke (was hard to tell w/ all the dirt) then I was told the camper was being resealed as we speak in service under warranty. Hmmmm. Very interesting.
    I really hope all goes well.

15. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

Good Luck!