New Jaycos with electric lift system

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by Tracker51187, Oct 18, 2012.

1. SNielsen3

SNielsen3 We like to be comfortable.

We have the electric lift on ours too. Won't go back to cranking by hand. Yes, there is an override, just incase.

Our PUP is a 2012 Jayco Jay Series 1208. We ordered it from Jayco with every option they offered. It is truly luxury pop-up camping.

Just a note.... The top will raise and lower using the battery only, but if it's plugged into shore power, there is much better performance.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. SNielsen3

SNielsen3 We like to be comfortable.

Correction..... Our PUP is a 2011 Jayco Jay Series 1208.

Couldn't edit the error, so I'm posting the correction.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. AZMike

AZMike New Member

Our 2012 Jayco 1208 has it too. As this is our 1st pup, I've never had the joy of cranking a roof up manually. Nor can I say that I'd like to experience it. One thing I do make sure to do is to keep my TV running while I crank (well, press the button anyway) it up. This keeps it from draining the battery.

4. Wilderness_77

Wilderness_77 New Member

Dealer told me on our new 1207 that its 80 revolutions per inch doing it by hand. I had better get another cordless drill.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Biohazard

Biohazard If its new, take it apart and make it better !!!!

we had one installed on our second pup before picking it up from a dealership... It was 400.00 installed and in my mind worth every penny. After working a long week and getting to the campground just hitting a switch helps me get into a relaxing camping trip. both of my daughters usually fight about who gets to put the roof up...lol... its more about convience rather then laziness. I have also had my pup up and down 3 or so times without plugged into shore power and the electric lift has yet to fail me. Apparently there is a manual override on all electric popups, you just need to know how to access it....

6. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

I just purchased a 2006 palomino with electric lift and love it. Sooo smooth! mine just has a switch attatched to the trailer by the battery box. just keep the worm gear full of grease and your good to go. Also has the safety stop switches so you dont raise it up over the limit. thats what really sold me on this camper other than the fact its in mint condition.

7. AeroPilot

AeroPilot New Member

We have a flagstaff with the power lift too. No remote on ours,... It is just like described above. Each spring, open the cover and check the greased on the gears and lube underneath too. Our flagstaff has a spot to pop off a small cover and use a drill or the rod provided in the case that something with the breaker or switch would fail.

There are stop switches for the up and the down position that are adjustable if needed.

I love it in the 95* + Humidity we have in the summer rather than cranking. I get sweaty enough unloading the TV and cranking down the stabilizers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

8. AeroPilot

AeroPilot New Member

http://robertssales.com/articles_tutorials/wicked_winch.html

Check this link out for some helpful information.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

9. Ted S.

Ted S. Member

According to my manual, the roof should only be raised when on DC power. I don't think it is an issue when plugged into the TV, but they warn not to operate the lift when hooked up to AC. I have a Coleman however, so maybe yours is different.

10. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

Mine is different. Must have 12v hooked up first before shore power then use it.

11. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Wow, things must have changed because my 1996 Jayco Eagle 8 only goes around about 20-25 times until it is fully up/down. For that amount of cranking, I just don't see the need. I agree, electric level/stabilizers, that would be nice. Electric bed slides... I'd dig that. Electric sleeping bag stuffer, oh yes, two please! Electric "go up the driveway and into the garage" button... ooooh, shiny! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

12. Bill Toney

Bill Toney New Member

47E89C60-4F5D-4FDB-B1BD-560668E615C1.jpeg If anyone is interested, I have a electric lift unit off a 2016 Jayco 1207, but could be used on about any pop up camper. It’s been used 4 times, I just dry camp and didn’t want anymore electric devices than I needed. They are 400 bucks new, but I’d make someone a good deal on this one. Contact me at drbilltoney@gmail.com