NEW JERSEY Help

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by bandc12, May 19, 2014.

1. bandc12

bandc12 New Member

Looking to go camping this summer in Jersey and take a day trip or two to the beach and the Barnagat Lighthouse. Has anyone ever stayed at Wading Pines or Sea Pirate campground? Or any other campgrounds in the area. Any info would be appreciated!

2. djnolan

djnolan New Member

I am also planning a trip in August to cape May I would love some input for a camp ground. We are looking at adventure bound campsite can't seem to find much info any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

We have been to turtle run campground, not too far from Sea Pirate. It was nice. Also Bakers Acres, again, not too far from Sea Pirate, also nice. Unfortunately we have never been to Sea Pirate itself.
    We have also been to Wading pines, twice, we wont be going back. Serious party place, close sites. On RV Park reviews it gets very mixed ratings. I have also heard of some crime there.

We usually go to ABC once a year, we did not this year. We enjoy it there, nice pool. The campground itself doesn't offer much, it's clean, the bathrooms are clean. Some of the sites can get a little close. Saying that, we are usually part of a group of 6+ campers, so we are put in the same set of full hookup sites. If you don't need the full hookups, the other sites are reasonably sized. Its usually quiet.

4. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

I have never been to the Sea Pirate CG, but have heard it's not bad, but can get buggy! In other words bring bug spray! Hey, it's the Jersey shore, the green flies and mosquito's can be bad depending which way the wind is blowing, really I'm not kidding.

We go to LBI (Long Beach Island) a lot. The in-laws have a house on LBI. I can suggest a campground in Bayville, NJ called Cedar Creek CG. We go there for long weekends once in a while when the house is rented out. It is a 30 min drive from LBI. They have a really nice pool and a well stocked camp store. Plenty of restaurants in the area as well. There is also a Super Walmart 2 miles down the road. Accrss the street from the campground is Berkley Park. Yo can go crabbing there and do some fishing as well.