New member with a couple of offerings

Discussion in 'New Brunswick' started by shadetree_camper, Jun 28, 2012.

1. shadetree_camper

shadetree_camper New Member

First spot I would recommend if you are travelling on the east coast of NB is Kouchibouguac National Park http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/nb/kouchibouguac/activ/activ2.aspx. Great camp sites, both open camping and private sites. Also has beautiful beaches.

The other (my favorite campground thus far) is on Grand Manan Island, and it is called Hole in the Wall Campground http://grandmanancamping.com/
    This spot is more rustic. The best sites are unserviced ie. wilderness camping, but the scenery is out of this world. We went last year for the first time, and plan on being back the first weekend of Aug. this year. You actually camp right on the cliff's edge, which we did last year. We were awoken every morning by the sound of spouting whales, which you can watch go by all day long if you are there at the right time of the year (end of July first of Aug.) You will see other sea life as well, like dolphins and seals, and you can watch the ferry come and go all day long.

The little community there is very quaint and the locals are very friendly. The island is small, but if you like beach combing for shells and sea glass, this is the ideal area.

Hope this may help anyone visiting the area.

2. mtnman

mtnman New Member

I agree 100% about Hole in the Wall Campground. My wife and I spent a delightful week there two years ago,
    and we plan to return later this summer. They have a few campsites that have water and electricity, but those
    are in the front of the campground on the edge of a field. The best campsites (the cliff-top top sites described
    by Shade-Tree Camper), are farther back from the entrance and do not have hook-ups. But they are wonderful!
    If you have never heard the sound of whales spouting, this is a place where you probably will.

3. shadetree_camper

shadetree_camper New Member

Thanks for filling insome of my forgotten details mtnman. [:D]