1. C. VanHart

C. VanHart Getting back to it,

For the second project I wanted to come up wit a way to keep things on the counter. I've used rare earth magnets before (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYQV446/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) so I know they can hold quite a bit. So what I did was counter sink some into a piece of wood that I screwed to the wall. and then did attached some to my containers as well. I was worried about the stainless a little so I bought this double sided adhesive (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PFW5SXB/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) that can be removed and put it under the container as well. Between the non porous surface of the stainless and counter that sucker is not going any where.

mag holder.jpg mag rack 2.jpg mag rack 3.jpg mag rack.jpg

Strawhouse and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Damn, Todd. These are great mods. I'm itching to get the hardwired EMS myself. I had a very nearby lightning strike last week that wiped out my battery tender. I'm really happy I didn't have the trailer itself plugged in when it happened.
    I added some backing lights to mine too. But they're mounted up higher and won't get confused for reverse lights. They're 10W LED floods. Mine aren't as fancy as remote controlled ones though. I tied them into the running lights and have a switch in the back. They only work when plugged into the truck.
    Nice wood working on the magnet rail.

3. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

Must be a pain in the a$$ to have the government overseeing everything you do to your own vehicles.
    I would consider them a safety feature, don't want to run over the spotter when you are backing up in the dark.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I like the magnets , nice.

5. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  6. C. VanHart

stabilixer foot.jpg stabilizer top.jpg stabilizer.jpg Hatch lock cover.jpg hatch lock.jpg Thank everyone here is the next set of upgrades I did. I put stabilizer these lock arm stabilizing bars, and also switched out my ch751 locks for cylinder style with covers. The stabilizer arms are (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UGNJ60/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    And were real simple to install using self drilling stainless screws and lock tight to prevent rust. I also had to get four new bolts a half inch longer for were they mount to the foot. There I made sure to use tri alloy bolts and nylocks nuts.
    And then the locks which are super easy

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. C. VanHart

Jimmy I'm really shocked you don't have the hardwired EMS. I was going to put my lights higher but was afraid they might shine in Cranky Dave's window

Ductape likes this.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I KNOW! The EMS has been on my list for a while. Definitely higher on the list after a lightning strike took out my battery maintainer.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  9. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Wow Todd, you have been busy! You are going to love the BAL stabilizer arms. I have had them on mine for several years now. They make a big difference.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I ordered the EMS-HW30C and a whole house surge protector. That strike was a really close call for a lot of electronics in the house.

FARfetched and Sjm9911 like this.
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Alrighty. The EMS is installed and ready to go. It HAS been nagging me. But now I'm all set. Installed the whole house one too. It's a Siemens FS140 if anyone is interested.