New pop up owner! Need help with water system.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by MooseCaboose, May 25, 2019.

1. MooseCaboose

MooseCaboose New Member

Okay, so I bought a 2003 Viking Pop up with a slide out and I have 2 issues that I’m trying to figure out. First, when I fill up my water tank and turn the pump on, the pump runs constantly and the pressure is low. Second issue, I drained the water tank then hooked it up to city water and all my water shoots out of a plastic tube underneath the camper.

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Pictures would help with diagnosis. Sounds like maybe a crimped line on the pump intake for your low pressure. Maybe freeze damage for city water or is it an open hose that runs?

May want to post in "Introduce Yourself" to start.

MooseCaboose likes this.
  3. erich82

erich82 Active Member

Check for open valves. The siphon valve may be open. It's usually close to the pump, with a T-connection to a small hose that is just open. Could also have an open drain valve. Mine is actually located under one of the benches and it's a small pull type block valve that just shoots all the water down a tube under the camper.

Toedtoes and MooseCaboose like this.
  4. Bywater

Bywater New Member

Water under the camper is either a broken line/fitting or open drain valve.
    We had our water pump start running constantly right after we filled up at the campground. The problem turned out to be a couple pieces of debris stuck in the check valves inside the pump. You may need to take the pump apart.

MooseCaboose likes this.
  5. MooseCaboose

MooseCaboose New Member

6. MooseCaboose

MooseCaboose New Member

Thank you guys I’m going to check for a valve. And then go from there. I’ll try and get a few pictures up today! Thank you!