1. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

the 2 burner portable stove that connects outside needs replacing.
    is this one worth the money? do you have to get the converter hose ?

[​IMG]

im looking at other outdoor cook center modifications while im at it. right now i set up a table & use that for prep & dishes. getting this unit would require a different setup.

any suggestions on how to make the "quick connects" outside easier to use? i have to use pliers.

2. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

or this? this model is on liquidation sale ( ugly color)
    [​IMG]

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Big question is would do you think you would use the oven ?

I was seriously looking at a similar oven/stove top model a few years ago and eventually passed on the idea, we ended up trading the pup for a TT instead... [:D] and yes we have used the oven a number of times..

Not sure if it is this model you have shown or another make but there is one version on the market that can be easily modified to connect to the quick disconnect, IIRC all that was needed was a pigtail with the correct connector.

4. ny_rocking_chairs

ny_rocking_chairs Active Member

We bring a toaster oven and do use it, but obviously won't work without elec.

5. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Loving this, so far it's worth the bulk!

Attached Files:

6. ny_rocking_chairs

ny_rocking_chairs Active Member

Lol, so torn. Part of me thinks those are nifty, but part of me hates the idea of an all-in-one because if one part of it breaks beyond repair I'm stuck replacing the entire unit or living without full functionality...

7. Natureangel

Yep! I agree!

8. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Natureangel- i have one of the 3 in 1. its ok. slow to cook anything. get a mini frypan for the top burner.
    more than half my camp time i am off grid. also have folding "oven". it works pretty good, but it takes up whole cooktop. cant do any other cooking.

we premake & freeze lasagna or enchiladas. (my best friend is a gourmet cook) after more searching, i found this one:
    CAMP CHEF DELUXE OUTDOOR CAMP OVEN
    Online Item #: 0000000222424
    SKU: 100547731CAMP CHEF DELUXE OUTDOOR CAMP OVEN
    Online Item #: 0000000222424
    SKU: 100547731
    $219.79 $169.97

9. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

[​IMG]

10. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

does anyone have one of these?

2003 Skamper + 1996 Toyota T100
    life time camper, Girl Scout, DIY gal.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I use a toaster oven. I got one at Walmart for $39 that holds a 12" pizza. Of course, this is the dependent upon electric.

Many moons ago, when my kids were young, I had a Coleman oven that folded up and and went on top of the stove, but it did take up the whole thing. It was a cheap solution when I needed an oven for something.

The ones you are linking to are much nicer, but I would only invest that kind of money if I camped often with no electric.

We actually have that retro blue all-in-one thing and the coffee pot part broke. The oven part is too small to hold much, and the so is the top burner part. I bought it to go in our 50's retro kitchen, but it didn't work out well. It's something that depends on electric anyway, just thought I would throw in my [2C] on it. [;)]

12. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

We bought the Camp Chef unit at Farm King and have used it several times now. Still on the first disposable tank of gas, seems pretty thrifty. Does take a bit of space but we don't like to cook in the HTT or the PUP prior. We use an insulated pad under as it gets quite hot using the oven.

13. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

We use an oven a lot. I have had the coleman stove top oven and campchef. I did look at the campchef oven with 2 burner stove and decided to just get the campchef oven without stove top and use a coleman 2 burner stove. I decided I don't always use the oven when camping and did not want to have to take it out of its storage spot. I like the oven and would still have it if i did not get a camper with an oven.

Made a lot of coffee cake, cakes and baked dinners with it. You have to keep an eye on the temp there is no thermostat control.

14. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Somehow, I missed this post when I replied earlier. I see you have already experienced the Coleman folding one. [:D] I'm sure I still have mine out in the shed somewhere. Plus, you have experienced the 3-in-1 ..... okay that makes two thirds of my earlier reply useless.

And, because I'm not one to do things half way, I went full throttle on a useless reply earlier since I now see you camp off grid often. [LOL] Geez, I am so good at embarrassing myself.

I totally agree with tenttrailer. If you already have a stove, no point in re-buying that with the oven. And, as they pointed out, you can keep it packed if you don't use both.

15. tenttrailer

FYI, the coleman 2 in one oven is smaller then the campchef.

16. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

new stove-

Tenttrailer, thanks. i checked that in the details, good catch.![emoji362]
    i will get the larger camp chef.

yee haw. i get to go camping over Thanksgiving! plans changed, 3 women friends coming, plus a couple and 2 kids.... i have ALL the gear.
    frying the turkey ! packing the fry-daddy too.

taking the kamp kitchen & tents instead of popup. just more room.
    setting up: 12x15 tent, ezup, bathroom tent, 15x15 tent (covered w an enormous tarp.
    . will have 3 Q beds, one double decker airbed, extra blankets, propane heaters. real blue flame heaters.

my pre popup is a fully stocked 5x8 kitchen on a trailer. just splurged & upgraded to a new set of Sterlite Drawers. (i should own stock!)
    [​IMG]

hoping the weather cooperates. i NEED time at the lake. my dog is so excited to see me getting the kamp trailer ready.

i posted a pic of it in response to another question...

[​IMG]

2003 Skamper + 1996 Toyota T100
    life time camper, Girl Scout, DIY gal.
    Sent from my iPad

17. Natureangel

Yes it is on the small side, but it's just right for me camping solo. Camping solo I prefer easy no mess foods. The oven handles frozen items like individual pizzas just fine

18. tenttrailer

Even with the campchef you have to get smaller pans for the oven. Like the coleman fold up oven, you have to keep adjusting the temp as the food warms up, so keep an idea on the temp. But it does a lot better when it cold or windy and is not as hot in the bottom of the oven.

19. kstephens

kstephens Member

Although it looks great, I still go back to my dutch oven can do anything a traditional oven can do + more. I have some skillets and use a traditional stove top when camping, I do all of my baking in a big dutch oven. This last trip in the same dutch oven, I made biscuits, cinnamon rolls, a peach cobbler, a seafood jambalaya (camping on the beach), and gumbo. All in one pot/tool. If this weren't pop up portal- I would say go for it. But considering everything in a pop up is space vs. usefulness It may be worth considering a more useful tool than a straight oven.

20. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I agree with kstephens when space is a concern it would be better to use a dutch oven for your baking needs. The cook top on that equipment also looks smaller than the outside stove that I have. So I wonder if you need seperate cookware. To each their own though. I always hated to unpack everything when camping so tend to think minimally.