New to me Livin Lite Quicksilver 10.0 offroad with furnace

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by dirtnsmores, Nov 24, 2020.

1. dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores New Member

We picked up ladybug a few months ago. She's been on one trip. About to go on a four nighter over Thanksgiving holiday. We are avid tent campers with two kids and a large dog. We really needed something like this. We are in the southwest so lots of desert camping that has rugged roads. The livin lite camper frame and body are made of aluminum. And they fold out instead of pop up with a lift and mechanism. So I figure this would be a good route to go to handle the washboard dirt roads. Wondering if there are any other Quicksilver owners on this forum

PXL_20201101_193448446.jpg PXL_20201102_201119678.jpg PXL_20201102_162958032.jpg
    PXL_20201102_183635846.jpg

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Welcome from NM

dirtnsmores likes this.
  3. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Nice

dirtnsmores likes this.
  4. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

We don't have one but I seriously considered the 6ft Jeep one before I bought an off road tear drop. The new at the time wife was and still is a skittish person and was scared to death something or someone would get her in the tent. The tear was just too uncomfortable for us old folks and we traded that in on a BH228SE with a bath and shower we also got an Alaskan Huskie rescue dog that I call ole Nasty that loves her to death and when I mess with the little woman and she starts fussing ole Nasty has no problem stepping in between us and showing teeth towards me which I like. Ole Nasty gives us both piece of mind. I just can't spank the wife in front of the dog:)>) But, anyway I think your purchase is light rugged and none rotting. Someone will have something to say about having to replace the top cover and taking time to tarp it when its time to go but, no rot no lift system issues simple to work on. I can't see where you guys went wrong there. That looks like the off road edition do you guys have skid plates?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    dirtnsmores likes this.
  5. rsdata

rsdata Active Member Gold Supporting Member

I sold my 10 footer back in spring of '14. The wife and I used it for four long winters in FL plus other adventures in MI, KY and TN. We upped our game to the hybrid for a better bathroom toilet as we got older.

I loved the QS10. I recommend the item from amazon...
    Ironwood Pacific Top-Snapper Tool for dealing with the snaps. Also cut a board a little taller then the dropped down bunk lid. Use it to prop the bed part way up and snap or unsnap without having tension on the tent. I believe you will love your QS

dirtnsmores likes this.
  6. Jack Sprat

Jack Sprat Active Member Gold Supporting Member

That's a nice looking rig. I like all the shiney metal. Hope you get to make a lot of memories with it.

dirtnsmores likes this.
  7. Rocket Don

Rocket Don Member

Nice looking set up. After a 2 year search, I just got an ancestor of that design - a Cox Cadet. It is not an off road rugged design, but will do what I need. Enjoy! Inside ort bed.jpg Inside table and benches.jpg ready to go.jpg Set up not awning.jpg Inside ort bed.jpg Inside table and benches.jpg ready to go.jpg Set up not awning.jpg Inside ort bed.jpg Inside table and benches.jpg ready to go.jpg Set up not awning.jpg Inside ort bed.jpg Inside table and benches.jpg ready to go.jpg Set up not awning.jpg Inside ort bed.jpg Inside table and benches.jpg ready to go.jpg Set up not awning.jpg Inside ort bed.jpg Inside table and benches.jpg ready to go.jpg Set up not awning.jpg

8. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Greetings! Welcome to the forum from Midway USA.

9. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Well-Known Member

I don't know how old that is but it looks to be in great shape. It is not often this day and time we see something that well taken care of. Quicksilver like your camper probably gets kicked to the curb by the plastic junk the rest of us buy. Yes that's right I am in the plastic junk group. A PUP is like a dog as soon as it starts sleeping outside w/o a dog house its days are numbered. I see the age now. That is remarkable. Just think it is one of the first slide outs!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Rocket Don likes this.
  10. nhlakes

nhlakes Well-Known Member

We had a QS 10 and loved the openness of it.

qs10.JPG

And along the Cox theme, we also had a 60's Apache.

apache.jpg

Like tent campers in general.

11. Rocket Don

Rocket Don Member

It is a '72, though the 60's models were virtually identical. It was been well kept. It has the original canvas. It is new to me so I have yet to get it out in a rain, we will see.

I do plan to keep it stored inside. For the moment, it has pushed my prized '95 Miata out of the garage. I think I can squeeze it into the end of my shop, but I've got to do some rearranging!

Don

dirtnsmores and Rempop like this.
  12. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Nice to have you here with us dirtnsmores! And thanks for posting pictures. We looked at the 8ft livenlite but ended up with a 6.0 which we subsequently sold.

dirtnsmores likes this.
  13. 60man

60man Member

Great looking cadet. I have a 64 Cox. I had been looking for one for years and thought about. The Quicksilver. I love the light weight design while at the same time having a trailer for gear and being off the ground with indoor living space.
    Great find on the Cox,
    Welcome to the forum, Im sure you will love the Quicksilver and all the benefits it will have over the tent, and keep it garaged if you can.
    64 Cox Barn find
    https://www.popupportal.com/threads/64-cox-barn-find.130200/
    Some pics of my 64.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    dirtnsmores likes this.
  14. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Gooder one dude, & a nice set up on the Taco...

dirtnsmores likes this.
  15. Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean Member Silver Supporting Member

Nice! I need to find a pup with a narrow box like that one due to parking/storage constraints. Can you set it up by yourself?

dirtnsmores likes this.
  16. Rocket Don

Rocket Don Member

I can set it up and take it down by myself. It is easier with two people.

Don

17. mamo1aw

mamo1aw New Member

We bought a Livin Lite also but unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. There is a group on Facebook of Quicksilver owners.

dirtnsmores likes this.
  18. dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores New Member

Haha ole nasty that's hilarious. No nasty for you when he's around.

Gonna order a replacement canvas soon. The cover that goes over it when traveling is no hassle at all. So far so good after two trips

19. dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores New Member

Thanks we have that snapper and it's great. Keep one in the truck and one on the garage.

20. dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores New Member

Thanks. Love that Tacoma and the softopper on it

Rik Peery likes this.