New to the popper scene, so excited...

joecryar

May 18, 2022
Hey everyone,
I am Joe. I am about to buy and pick up an older Skamper 240-C in a week or so. I can't wait. I already know it needs the cable system, but that's being delivered tomorrow to the seller, and she said it goes with. Once I get possession of the camper, I will fully look it over and start making lists, plans, and have questions. I feel confident that you all on here will be very helpful, as well as friendly! To my interaction. I can't wait to get it, and get to work! Happy Camping in the meantime!!! Also, any questions you may have, feel free!

bondebond

Super Active Member
Aug 14, 2008
Sounds like exciting times! We can't wait to see pictures. Keep us updated as you get it and start working on it. I'm glad you're not delusional in that there isn't work to be done. It doesn't matter the age, it seems. Always something to be done.

joecryar

May 18, 2022
Sounds like exciting times! We can't wait to see pictures. Keep us updated as you get it and start working on it. I'm glad you're not delusional in that there isn't work to be done. It doesn't matter the age, it seems. Always something to be done.
Oh no, no delusions here, for certain. I've been watching posts for sale and ads for them locally for a bit now, since we decided our next camping trip, the popper is the way to go (we try to do at least 2 major camping trips a year, our group is all cavers)... Every single one I've seen for sale that was under $10,000, need work and more work, they just tried not to say it. Then there are those people trying to sell some with rotted floors, damaged bodies, broken axles, etc., for thousands simply because they think they can. lol Anyway, the one I'm picking up, my friend bought from another friend of ours, who just wanted it out of his yard. It still needs the cable system to START with. I don't even know what year it is, we figure around mid to late 80's, but I'll get all the numbers I can from it and go from there. From what I know about it, it does have good bones - the floor is good, the canvas is good, and the roof does not leak. Once I get the information I need on it, the first thing I most likely plan on, is emptying it out, and giving it a good deep clean to start fresh. I'll have more photos for sure as the process happens, but here it is over at my friend's house! Soon to be at my house. pop up camper.jpg

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Welcome from Central Texas. To help us help you, Please place info of pup in your profile as soon as known. We have a 2009 HW296, do to the nature of travel on poor roads, and or two tracks, pups will always require tweeking and repair. Stay ahead of any problems, take nothing for granted, repair/ replace, as you go. This unit will bring many years of memories. Enjoy the camp. See you on the trail.

joecryar

May 18, 2022
Welcome from Central Texas. To help us help you, Please place info of pup in your profile as soon as known. We have a 2009 HW296, do to the nature of travel on poor roads, and or two tracks, pups will always require tweeking and repair. Stay ahead of any problems, take nothing for granted, repair/ replace, as you go. This unit will bring many years of memories. Enjoy the camp. See you on the trail.
Thanks so much! If you'll scroll up and read my previous comments, however, you'll find that I don't really have much info, at least not technical, as of yet. It is a Skamper, no idea on exact year or model yet, I don't even pick it up until next weekend. Spur of the moment event! I will go to work researching once I take possession, then after that I hope to find any other info I need on here or through you all. I appreciate any interaction!