New to the water system

collinb

Jul 1, 2014
ex-pat cheesehead in Ohio
We've been using a popup since 2013 (1993 Destiny Cedar) but now have one with water (2000 Bayside Elite) that the wife wants to use.
Most of it I can figure out from the instructions -- except for one thing.
I can't find any instructions regarding the tote-along tank and its use.
My guess is to leave a hose hooked up to the outside connection (I'd add a right-angle to keep it from being hit too easily) and run it to the tank. But that's a guess.

Agcflash

Lets Go Camping!!!
Sep 20, 2007
N Carolina
I did not hook mine up for live use. I did not want it to overflow because I didn't keep an eye on it. IMO I think it is best to keep the valve closed until you need to empty you holding tank. This allows you to control how much water goes into the tank as you open the valve and close it when the portable tank gets full. And keeps you from having the portable tank and hose full. If you over fill the tank (with water in the hose, there is no easy way to solve this without spillage.

collinb

Jul 1, 2014
ex-pat cheesehead in Ohio
I did not hook mine up for live use. I did not want it to overflow because I didn't keep an eye on it. IMO I think it is best to keep the valve closed until you need to empty you holding tank. This allows you to control how much water goes into the tank as you open the valve and close it when the portable tank gets full. And keeps you from having the portable tank and hose full. If you over fill the tank (with water in the hose, there is no easy way to solve this without spillage.
Thanks. I probably just need to find someone to train us.