New to us Coleman Yukon!!

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by cruz2017, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

What a transformation! When you finish this project you need to stage the camper, make high quality photos and submit your story to the Popup Princess.

cruz2017 and KWAZ like this.
  2. cruz2017

cruz2017 Member

Sorry I totally forgot to take pictures!! Oops. Well you get that paint in the picture. Put a good heavy base layer down. Then a hefty second coat once your second coat is on you lightly and evenly blow.... that's key. Gently blow the garage floor chips onto the wet paint. Once that's dry I put a ton of poly clear coat on top. I did a ton of top coats of clear coat.

3. cruz2017

cruz2017 Member

IMG_1405.JPG

So I'm adding this picture beceause I have had to redo my abs plastic fix on my roof multiple times in different locations. Lots of posts about fixing your abs roof but I never found a good post. This is a quick picture of how to actually grind out your crack. The wide crack is what you want about to grinding disks wide. The bottom cut is only one pass with a grinding wheel. I only grinder out the crack with a single pass with the blade the first time. Make sure you make it wide enough that you can get the MEK onto the edges on both sides and it's wide enough that you can actually get the melted plastic into the gap and completely fill the void. Let's hope this is the last time. Very frustrating.

4. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

Great job!

5. roadrat

roadrat New Member

Was any of your paper peeling on the cabinets? If so how did you deal with this?

6. DFire2

DFire2 Active Member

I like that wrap around seating! My popup had a U-shaped seating like that as well, but after remodel, we limited the seating and added storage (no front storage compartment on mine). I just finished making and installing cabinets as well. Love the outcome, check it out in my signature.

Keep up the good work. I know most people with ABS roof have eventually just replaced the entire roof itself. That's my plan for next year (though mine is not ABS, but rotting)

7. Jesse Ramos

Jesse Ramos New Member

This is bad ass, i have the same camper and am ready to get started on the remodel! any recommendations of anything i can use to help support the roof before it cracks? some pre maintenance perhaps?