New to us Rockwood Freedom

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by 2beagle, May 17, 2016.

1. 2beagle

2beagle Member

Yay, after many years of tent camping and wanting to move up to a PUP, we took possession of a 1999 Rockwood Freedom today! We bought it from church friends who ordered a new tt for themselves. We actually borrowed it for a weekend a couple years ago, when they were thinking of selling it, but decided they weren't ready yet. This will be perfect for our family of 6 (the hubs, me, dd-17, and ds's-15, 13, 5. My dd actually likes sleeping in a separate small tent, away from her brothers! Looking forward to sprucing it up and making it ours over time! We're taking it for our annual Memorial Day weekend camping trip with about 15 families from church, and we're strongly considering taking it to WDW this summer-we have a cabin booked for our 20th Anniversary road trip, but I'm going to try to change the reservation to a campsite.

Attached Files:

2. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

Congrats on the NTU pup! I enjoyed our 97 Flagstaff that got us unto pup camping. Happy Camping!

3. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Congrats! I have a ntu 2000 Rockwood Freedom that will be on her maidon run next week.
    WDW should be awesome, maybe in a year or two I'll be ready for a long road trip! Staying in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan for now.

Attached Files:

David D. D.. likes this.
  4. Kristiecowans

Kristiecowans Member

How fun! I know when I first got mine-I didn't know what to be more excited about, all the fun camping trips or the new hobby of remodeling it as like yours mine is almost 20 years old and needed a facelift ;) It was like remodeling a doll house and I had so much fun doing the little projects that made it feel more like my home away from home.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk