New twist on storing level.

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by bheff, May 17, 2019.

1. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I've read about nose high, low or level but what about side to side? I just rented a storage unit and the slope from side to side is fairly significant. Any known issues by storing the Pup leaning to the passenger side?

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

No problem as long as the roof is down

kitphantom and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

And you don't intend to run the fridge before moving the trailer out of storage.

kitphantom, xxxapache and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

As mentioned above no worries a long as roof is down and fridge not on. You should have seen what my camper looked like one spring after a nasty winter. One tire was sucked down in the mud to the frame of the camper the other side on mostly solid ground thanks to a rock. The tongue sunk in almost as much. No problems with the camper other than trying to find someone to pull the sucker out of the quagmire and to clean it up after we got it out. Who knows how long it sat like that it was how I found it when I decided to take it out on it's first spring trip.

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I sometimes level side to side when the camper is at the storage unit, but only if I intend to open the camper. If I come back after having to takedown in the rain, I’ll return on the next sunny day after work to let the camper air out a bit.

Always ask the people at your storage site first. Most are nice people and will allow it while you are there and as long as it doesn’t interfere with other storage units.

6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I recently had mine off to the side without leveling it. I was just getting putting the pup out of the way, and had no desire to open it. But then a few weeks later i had tsome free time and decided to do some work on it. It went up fine, but getting the roof to set while taking it down wasnt easy. It was my fault, as i always level it but i forgot this time. Now going forward, i will never forget to level before raising. Live and learn. So if storing it off level, dont forget to level befobe opening it up! Lesson learned.

dmon6388 likes this.